1.    #1  
    Just rcvd this from Palm.

Palm is eager to learn what our customers need to know in the first
    24 hours after you buy a Palm(R) smartphone. Your responses to this survey will help us create a short, useful booklet to include in the box with our smartphones.

Imagine you're a writer who must explain in 12 to 16 very small pages what's most important to know when a customer is just starting to use a Palm smartphone. What's the most important information you'd want to see in the box with your new smartphone? That's what this survey will help us figure out.

To take the survey, click this link:
    http://News.palmnewsletters.com/cgi-...Yud0JBs0jxb0Gs

Thank you for your time!

The Palm Team
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    J
    Palm is eager to learn what our customers need to know in the first
    24 hours after you buy a Palm(R) smartphone. Your responses to this survey will help us create a short, useful booklet to include in the box with our smartphones.
    But the opinion of 650 users is not of any interest, apparently.
    *You've completed 25% of the survey

Why do companies do this? It is dumb to have a week-long survey on the web. I stopped at 25%.

And Palm's logo looked like crap... is that even a real palm questionnaire?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Since most people won't open the clear packet containing the booklets already included with the phones, I seriously doubt they will look at another booklet and actually read it.

I don't think including another booklet will improve sales or improve the non-smartphone smarts of potential customers.

You either have the ability to handle these types of devices, or you don't....

1. Get used to resets.
    2. Gwt over it others have paid more for less
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Carefull some of those questionaire's are fishing for your web/email address's
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Why would palm use Zoomerang?

is palmnewsletters.com even a palm domain?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    go to http://palmnewsletters.com/ it is not a domain owned by palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    go to http://palmnewsletters.com/ it is not a domain owned by palm.
    When in fact, the domain is actually owned by Palm...

Check out the domain registrar entry: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....ewsletters.com

Palm owns the domain name, another company handles the newsletter. It is the same domain in all of the newsletters that I get from Palm. It's legit.

People whine about the fact that "Palm doesn't care" or that "Palm's customer/tech support sucks" yet people also whine when a company tries to reach out and make things better. I don't get it.

Oh, and 404 posts.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  10.    #10  
    Unbelievable, I have been on this board since it was Visorcentral back in 2000 & have never SPAMMED. Nice way to support fellow posters.....
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios View Post
    Unbelievable, I have been on this board since it was Visorcentral back in 2000 & have never SPAMMED. Nice way to support fellow posters.....
    Don't take it personally. When my mom sends me some fake "Microsoft" e-mail, that doesn't make her a spammer - well, not a deliberate one, anyway.

(And, no, I'm not calling you a spammer, deliberate or otherwise.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Don't take it personally. When my mom sends me some fake "Microsoft" e-mail, that doesn't make her a spammer - well, not a deliberate one, anyway.

(And, no, I'm not calling you a spammer, deliberate or otherwise.)
    Thx....
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I am not saying anyone is spamming I was just not sure if this was not a phishing scam somehow.

I still do not think palm would use zoomerang though.
    If it isn't Palm then I don't know its purpose. I completed the survey and it asked absolutely NO personal information.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    If it was a scam they wouldn't have asked so many questions. All the questions were pertinent to Palm, so who ever made up the survey knew what they were asking about. I belive its legit.
    Wow, I guess Palm can never make anyone happy. I'm happy & waiting patiently for the next phone...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    People whine about the fact that "Palm doesn't care" or that "Palm's customer/tech support sucks" yet people also whine when a company tries to reach out and make things better. I don't get it.
    100% agree.

I filled out the entire survey, no personal information and felt that I actually helped influence (albeit in a very tiny way) Palm to be a better company.

Put up or shut up, I guess

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter