Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Please excuse me for not searching but I'm on my Treo between appointments and my internet speed is very slow.

I have an "aux" female jack on my car stereo and I'd like to listen to content from my 700p. What cable do I need to buy? And, can I find it while I'm out or will I have to order from a treo site?

Thank you
    You need a (male)2.5mm<->3.5mm (female) adapter and a short male-to-male 3.5mm STEREO patch cable.

I've found the latter at better Radio Shacks. Caution: many/most such cables do not support stereo. You want to see three parallel black marks on each of end of the cable.

Perhaps you can find a single cable which includes the adapter, but I've never seen one, even online.
    Use the right angle 2.5 mm adapter with short cable. You do not want to stress & damage your phone jack.
    FastFrank
    In my wife's car, she uses :

- this 2.5mm to 3.5mm Minijack Cable $1.26

- this 3.5mm Audio Jack Connection Cable (1.5M)
    $1.60

They are both from http://www.dealextreme.com/

Dealextreme has free shipping but it is slow (10-14 days). I don't know anything about the non-free shipping.
    Radioshack will have both things you're looking for. Might be a little expensive, though.
    Thanks to franko353's post, I bought some of these cables from DealExtreme. It took about 3 weeks (initially they were out of stock), but you can't beat the price, especially if you're not in a hurry (I was purchasing spares, having previously lost several of these cables). The quality of the materials seems fine, although not quite as good as what you'd get for $10 including shipping from other online vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    Thanks to franko353's post, I bought some of these cables from DealExtreme. It took about 3 weeks (initially they were out of stock), but you can't beat the price, especially if you're not in a hurry (I was purchasing spares, having previously lost several of these cables). The quality of the materials seems fine, although not quite as good as what you'd get for $10 including shipping from other online vendors.
    Yes. I bought 4 of each so I have some backups. Mine is working in stereo...I tested it with "The Cars - moving in stereo" using the adapter and my Sony headphones.

If you are in a hurry, buy 1 set from Radio Shack and order a few more from DealExtreame for backups.

Frank
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    Hmm ... I spoke too soon. I just figured out that the adapters I received from DealExtreme are mono. My "good adapter" which I bought elsewhere is stereo. I've confirmed this by swapping the adapters, using the same earbuds; the mono adapters only produce sound in one of the two earbuds.

Still, having a mono earbud can be handy sometimes, but for now I'll continue to use my stereo adapter in my car, and carry the mono ones around with me, and in my wife's car.