Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Got the email too. I'm eligible. I'm kinda feeling let by-gone's be by-gone's. Sprint hasn't been playing nice with customers who complain.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Got this e-mail too. Had a T600 and currently use a T650. After a few weeks of some resetting issues when it was new seemed to disappear on their own, my 650 has been rock solid. The 600 had many sound problems, helped a little by the tin foil trick. But I probably won't bother.
  4.    #4  
    I'm actually thinking of filing to be excluded from the suit. Sprint took care of me on the issues I have had, although Palm never really was of any help.

I am completely eligible for the cash rebate but I had my 600 replaced soo long ago. It was all done through sprint under the insurance program.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get documented copies of the replacements through sprint????
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm in since yes, I bought a Treo 600 (Verizon) and I had to replace it three times:

- First time I had the Orange dead pixels problem on the screen
    - Second time the vibration feature stopped working completely
    - Third time the phone would reboot itself constantly

My fourth phone was somewhat stable and I was able to keep it until I got the new 700p... and yes, the saga continued with the all well known issues of the 700p...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    I'll be filing. I've replaced my motherboard and my keyboard. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    My 650 was flawless . . . now the 700p was a different animal . . . . .
    The 700p absolutely SHOULD be part of this action. It was MUCH worse than my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    The 700p absolutely SHOULD be part of this action. It was MUCH worse than my 650.

I completely second that. The 700p is screwed up with quirks in my opinion. My old 650 was actually just fine.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Great... so I don't bother repairing/replacing my Treo 650 for it's flakey headphone jack, and just live with it (rarely using the jack out if fear it will fail again), and I get left out of the goodies. That's what I get for not being a complainer?

Agreed that the 700P should be the main phone in the suit.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Predator-1 said:
    Casey Chung said:
    I completely second that. The 700p is screwed up with quirks in my opinion. My old 650 was actually just fine.
    Funny as I was thinking along those same lines as I was reading about the 600 and 650's problems in the legal settlement doc. I can remember hearing so many things wrong with the 700p over the past year and some. I've never owned a 700p but always felt for those owners who had and are still having the problems.
  13.    #13  
    I've actually had more problems with the 650's dying on me. But the 700p suffers from many "slow-downs" and Bluetooth problems, some shared with the 650 and others worse than the 650. The new Centro looks promising, though, if they can just get the screen alignment problems worked out.

So if I read this thing right, you get $50/75 back if you buy a new Palm and return your 600/650. Wow. Sounds like a great deal. Can do better on ebay and not have to commit to the Palm platform one more time.....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    It looks like you can get it repaired instead of the rebate. I'm definitely excited about that. And for the repair you don't need to have had it repaired twice, or at all. I'm just hoping they don't notice my little solder job, which fixed it for a while, but that darned jack still died.

The 650 is still a great device, and I'd love to keep using it for another year or two if they repaired/replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Great... so I don't bother repairing/replacing my Treo 650 for it's flakey headphone jack, and just live with it (rarely using the jack out if fear it will fail again), and I get left out of the goodies. That's what I get for not being a complainer?

Agreed that the 700P should be the main phone in the suit.
    I agree with the comparisons of 600/650 quality to 700p quality, but did you see when this action was started? 2005. That's right, these things take a loooong time to get through the courts.

While I had a 600, it was actually the most stable Treo I've owned, and the only one I didn't get replaced through warranty or insurance (I was stupid enough to shell out $$$ for the 700p). I still have it lying around somewhere, don't know if it still works or not.

The one complaint I agreed with in the list of grievances was the screen whine. Very annoying on the 600.

I imagine we'll see a similar letter show up in another year or two regarding the 700p though. That was just utterly irresponsible of Palm to release and then not support.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    While I had a 600, it was actually the most stable Treo I've owned, and the only one I didn't get replaced through warranty or insurance (I was stupid enough to shell out $$$ for the 700p). I still have it lying around somewhere, don't know if it still works or not.
    Agreed. I think the NVFS addition starting with the 650 was the root of all evil that has plagued the Treo.

I imagine we'll see a similar letter show up in another year or two regarding the 700p though. That was just utterly irresponsible of Palm to release and then not support.
    I wonder if Palm was aware and/or afraid of the lawsuits and that is part of the reason why we got no support? Hmmm....

12 replacement 600's and 5 replacement 650's.....I'm in. 700p was very stable for me so I plan to opt out of the next class action settlement.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    My 600 was, and my 650 is very stable and have no serious issues.

The only reason I upgraded is that I dropped the 600 too many times and the last time left a serious crack in the case that caused flaky behavior.
    Last edited by DHAnderson; 01/24/2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: add a comma
    I went through 6 Treo 650s in 2 years ... 4 of them had defective headset jacks. This was a known problem since the Treo 600, yet Palm refused to fix it. As far as I know, they could still be putting those inferior parts in their new Treo 755 and Centro.

... and "VolumeCare" was a "must buy" application, because the phone was worthless without it.

... and I can't count how many times the Treo nuked my Outlook calendar, causing me to miss meetings. Palm's answer was to tell mobile users not to change time zones!

... and the crippled BlueTooth - even after I bought VoiceDial software (which is included with most other phones), I still couldn't make calls from a BlueTooth headset.

This is a company with a pattern of refusing to rectify the design defects in its products. Usually lawsuits disgust me, but in this case, I think Palm deserves it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast