Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    $1.5M for the attorneys...not a bad haul.

The actual rebates Palm will have to issues is low, as the documentation required is not the "me too"
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    The 700p absolutely SHOULD be part of this action. It was MUCH worse than my 650.
    Took the words right out of my mouth, the 700p was 700 times worse than anything ever rolled out of Palm inc.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
    I went through 6 Treo 650s in 2 years ... 4 of them had defective headset jacks.
    I only remember this being a slight problem with my 600. And I wore my earphones while mowing and an adaptor to plug this into the iPod jack in my car stereo. The most annoying connector problem I had was the usb port connector on the bottom. Seems that was always coming undone when using CardReader, HotSync, or PDANet.

...and "VolumeCare" was a "must buy" application, because the phone was worthless without it.
    Never needed it - and VC didn't work on Bluetooth headsets...

... and I can't count how many times the Treo nuked my Outlook calendar, causing me to miss meetings. Palm's answer was to tell mobile users not to change time zones!
    Never experienced this problem, although my SnapperMail DB would get nuked occasionally.

... and the crippled BlueTooth - even after I bought VoiceDial software (which is included with most other phones), I still couldn't make calls from a BlueTooth headset.
    Yep, BT pairing was a problem -- with headsets. I never had any problem using it with other apps such as Salling Clicker or Figment (a BT DMX light controller).

This is a company with a pattern of refusing to rectify the design defects in its products. Usually lawsuits disgust me, but in this case, I think Palm deserves it.
    I just picked up a Centro as a replacement to my 650 and my initial impression is that they have addressed the issues. This is the first "Treo" to work fast, without error, and with everything out-of-the-box since the 600. So far, anyway. Now, if I could just have my orange voicemail LED notification back, I'd declare it near perfect

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I had 21 Treo 600 replacements via sprint and lockline insurance (all for various defects). Do I have the record?

Too bad I don't have any paper proof that I had all these repairs.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I had my 700P Tmobile replaced only once because of losing pixels. Got it replaced before Tmobile decided to abandon ship on the Treo line. As for the 700P i expect this suit to happen within the next 3-7 years IF it happens and IF a palm Inc is still around. I still swear up and down there is a manuf. defect within the 700P

Just my 2 cents that belong to a lawyer.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I qualify x2 on the 600 and 650. trouble is I dont have the required info they need like serial numbers / approx dates for all that. who kept that? when it got replaced i was just happy to move on back then.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Cash rebates are only for those who have had to get their treo 600 or 650 repaired, correct? If there someone didnt have issues, they don`t qualify, am i right?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuhsi View Post
    I had 21 Treo 600 replacements via sprint and lockline insurance (all for various defects). Do I have the record?

Too bad I don't have any paper proof that I had all these repairs.
    Yeah - that's the rub: documentation. I had nearly 10 600's die on me in various stages, including one straight out of the refurb box. Would be nice to get a few sheckels out of Palm for the weeks of cumulative loss of phone usage, but it seems the attorneys are going to do very well regardless.

We can only hope that one day Palm will decide that it's more sustainable to design their products better rather than release garbage to us and then fatten the wallets of class action attorneys. (though Handspring was the one that built the 600, guess it's all Palm now anyway).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    is it better 600 or 650 than 700...
    am completely eligible for the cash rebate but I had my 600 replaced soo long ago. It was all done through sprint under the insurance program.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get documented copies of the replacements through sprint????
    I am on my 4th 650 since May 2005---all headphone jack issues---and this one is starting to crap out also.

Palm should have all of my info---my phone is unlocked GSM, so all repairs/replacements were through them.
    Unlocked, unbranded GSM
    Firmware: 01.92
    Software: Treo680-1.12-ROW
    Hardware: A
    Anyone else get a letter about this class action lawsuit against Palm?
    http://www.palzasettlement.com/
    It was reported here a week ago.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Cash rebates are only for those who have had to get their treo 600 or 650 repaired, correct? If there someone didnt have issues, they don`t qualify, am i right?
    WAS there anyone who had one of these phones and DIDN'T have issues?!?

Can't wait to see what hooey documentation they'll want when the 700p lawsuit rolls around. It seems the lawyers are the only ones who will see any cash out of Palm, as it's ridiculous that we would have kept the serial numbers of the bum Treo devices we had starting from 2003!!

Regardless, if Palm is forced to pay out-of-pocket to even some shyster lawyers on this, then perhaps they'll finally start listening to their USERS when we tell them the devices have problems (or even beta test them much better) rather than telling us to shut up and keep selling faulty hardware. I.E.: I and several others told them within several days of the 650 release that they had a serious memory issue with the NVFS implementation on that device, Palm essentially told us we were WRONG and possibly delusional. A week or so later they came out with a public statement and paid people off with 128MB SD cards to buy them and sit tight for the 6 months it would take them to mitigate the bad design...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimtsu08 View Post
    is it better 600 or 650 than 700...
    "Better" is relative.

600 was faster than any Treo device produced since, had more usable RAM than its 650 "successor," was compatible with more legacy applications, and corrupted databases much less, BUT had headphone jack issues, a nasty permanent "loss of network" problem, and a bunch of other things that didn't make the $650.00 (with tax) investment seem very worthwhile.

650 had removable battery and hi-res screen, BUT less RAM, serious problems related to implementation of the NVFS memory architecture, and the headphone jack issue, etc. The additional $650.00 for this "upgrade" felt like mostly a cheat...

700p was brilliantly bolted onto the WinceMob hardware, resulting in a whole new set of problems including massive speed slowdowns, failing bluetooth pairing, and many others. However, Palm FINALLY doubled the "RAM" in the device so that it could hold a better portion of the applications and databases that MANY users had. It also used the same battery as the 650 and the same standard SD that Palm had used since reluctantly committing to removable cards a few years back. The $700.00 or so THIS "upgrade" cost was justified on the RAM alone - but that's a LOT of money for 32MB in 2005.

Many of the issues that have haunted the Treo line since 2003 have been addressed by 2008, however Palm has added its own squirrelly problems such as a multitude of different and usually incompatible (physically, with each other) flash card formats and batteries, the NVFS speed issues have never been well addressed, Battery life is even less than the predecessors, WiFi is even less of a reality (the 650 had third-party solutions, but it's all WinDoze-only now)... But, the phones are relatively stable and third-party developers have caught up to the NVFS architecture by now.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well, my warranty ran out long ago on the refurbished one they replaced my new one with, after it inevitably broke. If they'll actually fix the headset jack and sync connector, or send me a phone in good condition, I'd be extatic.

Has anyone heard any response for a repair at this point? Any ideas on timeframe??
    Does anyone know why 600s bought prior to Sept 2005 are excluded from this settlement? I had 4 or 5 replacements from Nov 2003 through May 2006 when I "upgraded" to the 700p. While all were covered by Sprint, the time and hassle involved with the defects should be worth the $75 they are offering.
    Does anybody know how to get the Serial Number for the phone if you only have the ESN HEX?

I called Sprint and they records for all my exchanges and purchases, but only
    have the ESN HEX. The claim form specifically asks for the Serial Number.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12