Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The title says it all!
    Not too big of a shock. I'm sure if Palm OS 2 takes off, they can roll out bling bling stores like Nokia.
    WHere's your source?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Not too big of a shock. I'm sure if Palm OS 2 takes off, they can roll out bling bling stores like Nokia.
    POSII is dead for another year.

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13672
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    There were mainly in airports and mall kiosks right?? I remember all those nice, solid employees at the San Fran airport. They really helped a lot of people get unlocked, colored T680's. Hopefully they will end up in a good spot.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    There were mainly in airports and mall kiosks right?? I remember all those nice, solid employees at the San Fran airport. They really helped a lot of people get unlocked, colored T680's. Hopefully they will end up in a good spot.
    They still need to be out there to promote the Palm name and products. It is going to be tough competition next year with Android and other Windows smart phones. What will happen if Android comes with support and license agreements from Access to run the palm OS? More choices and all the more reason for Palm to speed up the development process. What happened to all the software development that was done before the snafu last June or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    They still need to be out there to promote the Palm name and products. It is going to be tough competition next year with Android and other Windows smart phones. What will happen if Android comes with support and license agreements from Access to run the palm OS? More choices and all the more reason for Palm to speed up the development process. What happened to all the software development that was done before the snafu last June or so?
    It was all dumped into the Foolio. What a sad, sad waste.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    If this were true, I would think Palm customer service would know about it, the date being two weeks away. But I called, and no one has heard anything about Palm stores closing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Logan Airport in Boston has one. It's an ok place to **** around in while you wait for your flight. I like playing with the PDA's. But they are not the best locations. Palm removed the booth that was located in the Prudental Center in Boston and I feel that was a bad move. oh well... there are always places like Staples and Office Max for chargers and cases...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Aren't most of these contracted out anyway?
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    At least they waited till after Xmas.
    I've never seen a Palm retail store. The closest thing to a Palm store in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area would have been Franklin Planner stores -- but that was back in the day.
    The Palm store in Rockefeller Center is quite busy. Plus - it's great visibility for Palm and Palm products. I can't see them closing this store, and the manager knew nothing about it.
  14.    #14  
    Employees were told not to tell customers. The retail job are contracted out but it is not a matter of the contract being up. The stores are closing the doors and leaving. I cannot reveal my source. But you will see soon enough.
    Sad, another sign that either Palm needs to downsize or they're in trouble.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Sad, another sign that either Palm needs to downsize or they're in trouble.
    Last guy out, please turn out the lights.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Employees were told not to tell customers. The retail job are contracted out but it is not a matter of the contract being up. The stores are closing the doors and leaving. I cannot reveal my source. But you will see soon enough.
    Eh... not really suprised if the rumor turns out to be true. Afterall, what's the point of having retail stores if you don't have anything worthwhile to sell in the first place. Good riddance is all I can say...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    palm would be in trouble even during strong economic times. The fact that palm's practices are what they are during a recession hurts their chances for a near term recovery even more.....

Palm is a battered ole' ship 'midst an ominous storm here. Sheesh.
  19.    #19  
    I just heard that they will relaunch a new retail program shortly. They will focus on airport stores only.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I just heard that they will relaunch a new retail program shortly. They will focus on airport stores only.
    Yes. And they have what else now?
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast