Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I still can't believe CompUsa stores are closing. I find this a sad event. I've been shopping at CompUsa for years and years. I just visited a CompUsa store again today to see whatever is left at discount prices. Unfortunately nothing interesting is left that I want. I don't really care about Palm stores closing, but CompUsa stores closing really hits me in the gut...ouch!! For now, there's still Fry's Electronics as a substitute, but it's a lot farther in distance for me to drive to one.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    updated story with small correction / addendum
    Now thats what I call good sleuthing and great reporting!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #85  
    thank you ;-)
    Aren't most of these contracted out anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I still can't believe CompUsa stores are closing. I find this a sad event. I've been shopping at CompUsa for years and years. I just visited a CompUsa store again today to see whatever is left at discount prices. Unfortunately nothing interesting is left that I want. I don't really care about Palm stores closing, but CompUsa stores closing really hits me in the gut...ouch!! For now, there's still Fry's Electronics as a substitute, but it's a lot farther in distance for me to drive to one.
    I don't like that either. I'm sad to see CompUSA go.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't like that either. I'm sad to see CompUSA go.
    They pulled out of St. Louis over a year ago. They were one of my favorite stores. I always thought it was funny though that they were named CompUSA when they were a Mexican owned and run operation.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I heard the Mexican guy bought them to try to turn them around but it didn't work, so he just decided to fold. They might have been USA owned before he bought them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #90  
    Update. All stores closed except for 2!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Here today Gone Tomorrow...Valley Fair Mall one is Closed in Santa Clara. The store is completly closed up.
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    I wonder if they had any good sale's?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  12.    #93  
    There were no sales. Los Angeles and NY will stay open until the end of Feb.
    Well, today is the last day for the Rockefeller Center store in NYC! So - anyone wants anything & doesn't want to go to the airport to get it - now's your chance!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345