Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Vaporware???

POSII or Duke Nukem Forever??...which one will come out first
    It's sort of funny how you make it sound like another setback and yet the title of the article is "Palm OS II Devices on Track for Release in Early 2009" which is sort of what everyone has known now for months...the only news in that article is Palm is, well, still on track (for once).

Photon (WM7) is also "dead for another year" as it was suppose to come out in 2008 but is pushed back till sometime in '09. (I suppose Photon is also Vapoware, by definition as well as the iPhone SDK).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's sort of funny how you make it sound like another setback and yet the title of the article is "Palm OS II Devices on Track for Release in Early 2009" which is sort of what everyone has known now for months...the only news in that article is Palm is, well, still on track (for once).

Photon (WM7) is also "dead for another year" as it was suppose to come out in 2008 but is pushed back till sometime in '09. (I suppose Photon is also Vapoware, by definition as well as the iPhone SDK).
    Perhaps. I have never heard any other date for the Apple SDK. It was reconfirmed today. Can you say that you never heard an earlier date for POS? Yes, I have never expected it before '09, if at all but I heard '07. Things that keep slipping often never see the light of day. Apple is vital and vibrant while Palm is moribund.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Perhaps. I have never heard any other date for the Apple SDK. It was reconfirmed today. Can you say that you never heard an earlier date for POS? Yes, I have never expected it before '09, if at all but I heard '07. Things that keep slipping often never see the light of day. Apple is vital and vibrant while Palm is moribund.
    The only date that Palm gave about POSII is the late 08/early 09 date.

Please link any articles that prove this wrong.
    I've only been to one Palm Store and that was in Washington DC's Union Station last summer. If I'm not mistaken, they only sold everything at retail price, not the price you can get anywhere with a contract, and more expensive than you would pay on ebay. So it seems it would be a bad idea for anyone to buy a smartphone there. They had all the accessories, but again, ebay and treocentral are much cheaper. If you have one, you know better and if you don't, you see the advertisements for the price with service.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    i wouldnt know what to buy in a palm store, so they might as well close down.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I've only been to one Palm Store and that was in Washington DC's Union Station last summer. If I'm not mistaken, they only sold everything at retail price, not the price you can get anywhere with a contract, and more expensive than you would pay on ebay. So it seems it would be a bad idea for anyone to buy a smartphone there. They had all the accessories, but again, ebay and treocentral are much cheaper. If you have one, you know better and if you don't, you see the advertisements for the price with service.
    Did you ever shop in Brookstones at the airport?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    They just opened their so call flagship store in NYC last year. It's a tiny store near Rockerfeller plaza, it's not easy to find and people don't even know it actually exists. And very few people visit the store. They shouldn't have opened it in the first place.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Wrong. It's very easy to find, it's frequently got lots of people in there, and the staff is very knowledgeable. If you can't find 50th St & 6th Avenue in NYC, you've got a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    They just opened their so call flagship store in NYC last year. It's a tiny store near Rockerfeller plaza, it's not easy to find and people don't even know it actually exists. And very few people visit the store. They shouldn't have opened it in the first place.
    I know where it is. You walk south from Microsoft to Radio City and turn left. I found it when I really needed a power supply and a BT headset. I am glad they opened it but probably will not miss it. I now use that headset for my iPhone. I can buy a power supply for an iPhone at any Radio Shack. (Anyone know why Radio Shack is called that?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Wrong. It's very easy to find, it's frequently got lots of people in there, and the staff is very knowledgeable. If you can't find 50th St & 6th Avenue in NYC, you've got a problem.
    I can find it. In the 47-50 St station on the F line, take the NE exit, and make two lefts on the street level. It will be across the street on your right. Like London, NYC is often easier to navigate underground.
    It's not exactly hard to find if you know the address, but it is a bit of a secret. Almost all Treo owners I know are shocked to discover that it actually exists, and every time I stop by there, I get personal service because there's no one else in the store.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Did you ever shop in Brookstones at the airport?
    All I ever do in an airport is look. The prices at airport stores are rediculous. Sorry though, I've never seen a Brookstone at an airport anyway.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    It's not at 50th & 6th. If all you know is that it's in Rockefeller Center, or if you think it's at 50th & 6th, you have several square blocks to search.
    All I ever do in an airport is look. The prices at airport stores are rediculous. Sorry though, I've never seen a Brookstone at an airport anyway.
    You've got to be kidding? Brookstone is in nearly every major airport. Atlanta has 6 of them. Atlanta also has 3 Palm stores.
    Yes. And they have what else now?
    What he said.
    It IS virtually at 50th & 6th. It is on 50th Street, a few steps east of 6th Avenue. It is prime Rockefeller Center real estate, which I cannot believe they are going to give up.
    LGA and MCO are two that I can think of off-hand.

I start out just looking. I have a great BT stereo headset that doubles as phone headset. I bought it in a shop in Reagan National. I was early and bored. I only paid 2X the street price and love it.

Every now and then I replace something that is lost or forgotten. I may pay a huge relative premium but the absolute bucks are not great when compared to the reduction in stress. [I am of an age where I will gladly pay dollars to reduce stress.]
    LGA and MCO are two that I can think of off-hand.

I start out just looking. I have a great BT stereo headset that doubles as phone headset. I bought it in a shop in Reagan National. I was early and bored. I only paid 2X the street price and love it.

Every now and then I replace something that is lost or forgotten. I may pay a huge relative premium but the absolute bucks are not great when compared to the reduction in stress. [I am of an age where I will gladly pay dollars to reduce stress.
    There is something to be said for convenience.
    You've got to be kidding? Brookstone is in nearly every major airport. Atlanta has 6 of them. Atlanta also has 3 Palm stores.
    Nope, and I would've noticed as I love Brookstone (looking anyway). But I never have much time when I'm at an airport. Always rushing to either catch a plane or leaving the airport when I arrive. I don't travel for business so I'm only in an airport for two or three trips a year. This year I have been in the Baltimore, Ft. Lauderdale, Phoenix, Chicago Midway & Las Vegas airports (coming and going) and of course St. Louis airports and would've loved to see a Brookstone. Come to think of it, I remember seeing a Palm store once in Dallas airport, but didn't have time to look at the place. That was a few years ago.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast