Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    meh, it doesn't work on my 700wx either
    Hey g-funkster, there is a beta that is supposed to work on the 700wx . . . .

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...ion-after-all/

Have you tried this version?
    Checked it out, there's no newer version or beta in the link, followed it and got the same 2.0.0.12 version, still no My Location Maybe it works on Sprint and not yet on Verizon?

Also, the latest version appears to be broken on the 700wx, when you click on a location it won't show you the address and phone number, you can only get directions to/from, call or add it to your contacts. I've been meaning to find an older version but have been lazy lol.

Edit: Finally did it, you can find the older version here:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...5&postcount=69
    Last edited by g-funkster; 01/12/2008 at 02:59 PM.
    From the PPR of 2 years ago to today, I'm still with you on the PalmOS side of the fence. As much as I'd love to have GPS in my Treo...it would take much more than that to get me to switch. Just as I'm trying to switch my desktop computers away from Windows to Linux you think I'm gonna switch my phone to a M$ OS? I don't think so!
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    From the PPR of 2 years ago to today, I'm still with you on the PalmOS side of the fence. As much as I'd love to have GPS in my Treo...it would take much more than that to get me to switch. Just as I'm trying to switch my desktop computers away from Windows to Linux you think I'm gonna switch my phone to a M$ OS? I don't think so!

Yes, my GPS lust is fading a bit. I will look at the 800w, but the initial wave of must have it now is gone. . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/16/2008 at 03:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I made the jump to WM (touch) and I'm ready to give the Treo800 a try. The weird part is I almost feel the same way when I first moved to WM but this time I'm just going to miss the screen size.
    I loved the POS but its really hard to realize it age until you make the switch. Pros and cons will always be there but I haven't looked back since. I even ditched the KB
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Perry,
    You can't leave me here alone in the PPR!!!!!

Remember fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to...

Windows Mobile...

Relax and feel the Palm OS flow through you.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    LOL

Not to worry Dragonman . . . the GPS lust is fading . . . but I will still go fondle the 800w when it comes in.. . . .. however, 10 years of programs and habits will be hard to break.
    The 7 years worth of programs is my biggest hold-up. If Sprint gets the Curve and it has qchat I'm gonna be in a quandry.

My boss has the Pearl and loves it. The screen is just too small. The curve with it's full qwerty KB and GPS built-in would be a HUGE temptation, that and the reported stability of the BB platform. Qchat would probably push me to the "dark side" for a while at least.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    "You don't understand the POWER of the dark side!!!!"

After nearly 10 years of PalmOS, I bought a AT&T Tilt. I'm still in my 30 remorse period. On-board GPS, 3G network, wiFi, bt 2.0, Voice dial from phone or headset, etc... won me over. MY 680 is still in great shape and configged just to my liking, but the power of the Tilt got me.

...funny, It doesn't feel like the dark side from over here.

McTilt?
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    LOL

Not to worry Dragonman . . . the GPS lust is fading . . . but I will still go fondle the 800w when it comes in.. . . .. however, 10 years of programs and habits will be hard to break.
    Fondle away...but at our ages, we're too set in our ways to switch

BTW..."lust"? "fondle"? Perry!!!
    Palm OS is going to die just like OB1 lol

I've moved over to the Mogul since July and over the weekend I had to switch back to my 700p temporarily. How I missed the simplicity and ease of use with the keyboard and PalmOS. I didn't miss however the reset I got upon receiving a text message. Once I got my mogul up and running with FULL GPS capability, I was excited to switch back. It was fun having a small fling again with my Treo. But having been spoiled with WM6...I just cant see myself going back. Well..cept when the 800w comes out. hehe. Then I will have the best of both worlds
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    It's funny reading all this now. My young 20-something sys admin got his first smartphone 18mths ago, an xv6700 running WinMob 5. After 5 replacements, it was eventually dumped for a Moto Q. Yet he ended up with a 755p the first day it was available from Verizon. He started with a WinMob device that had WiFi and a lot of buzz. His own journey of discovery has led him to his "perfect" device, a Palm OS Treo.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12