1.    #1  
    They may be GSM, CDMA, Windows, Palm OS, GPS, WIFI, or whatever but I love to hear the Palm Rumor Mill buzzing. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that Palm is still doing something to keep themselves in the Smartphone races.

Now how about a 3g GSM Treo with the Palm OS and GPS built in? eh??
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I heard a rumor that the ceo of Palm uses a HTC Touch to communicate.

Is that true?

I also heard that Google is in serious talks to buy Palm. I know this is true.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    You KNOW google is in talks to buy palm?!!!

If that one is true, hallelujah!!!!!!
    This was the one merger I've been hoping would happen for a while now. It would seem to make sense as well. they could blend their android os with some of the attributes of a palm os platform.
    They could take smartphones a LOT further than palm has taken them.

If true, I can't wait to hear the announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    You KNOW google is in talks to buy palm?!!!

If that one is true, hallelujah!!!!!!
    This was the one merger I've been hoping would happen for a while now. It would seem to make sense as well. they could blend their android os with some of the attributes of a palm os platform.
    They could take smartphones a LOT further than palm has taken them.

If true, I can't wait to hear the announcement.
    Outside brand-recognition, Palm has no assets. There is nothing special about the hardware, and HTC has left the Treo design in the dust. If Google wanted to acquire an asset, rather than a liability, they would acquire ACCESS, since Palm mortgaged its future by selling their OS to them. Google is certainly smart enough to recognize that they don't need Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    They may be GSM, CDMA, Windows, Palm OS, GPS, WIFI, or whatever but I love to hear the Palm Rumor Mill buzzing. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that Palm is still doing something to keep themselves in the Smartphone races.

Not going to happen til the Linux POS comes out. Your options right now include WM6 if you want a GSM Palm device with 3G and GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    Outside brand-recognition, Palm has no assets. There is nothing special about the hardware, and HTC has left the Treo design in the dust. If Google wanted to acquire an asset, rather than a liability, they would acquire ACCESS, since Palm mortgaged its future by selling their OS to them. Google is certainly smart enough to recognize that they don't need Palm.
    Internally developed intangible assets, Palm's strength, (that aren't anywhere to be found on a company's balance sheet) are a powerful motivator in acquisitions
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Internally developed intangible assets, Palm's strength, (that aren't anywhere to be found on a company's balance sheet) are a powerful motivator in acquisitions
    If you're talking IP, it certainly hasn't help to develop a healthy company and would only be an attractive quality when looked upon by a prospective buyer with a highly narrow use for this Palm 'asset'. Therefore, unless Palm is sold at firesale prices, the ROI is insignificant. If you're talking 'braintrust', same goes. If not, what?
  8.    #8  
    Not going to happen til the Linux POS comes out. Your options right now include WM6 if you want a GSM Palm device with 3G and GPS.
    Thanks for crushing my dreams capt obvious... I know we need the new Palm OS for 3G and wifi. But I think Palm could do intergrated GPS with the current Palm OS, there are plenty of GPS solutions out there right now, why not build it in!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Hey I am new to this forum, I am looking at the treo for my next phone/pda. I had never used a smart phone, but I have been using palm operating system pdas for years. I think it is time I combined phone and pda. I really like palm os for the touch screen and familiar features. Am now with AT&T, but considering a move to get a 750 with the palm os.Looking for advice and info.
    Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by texascharles View Post
    Hey I am new to this forum, I am looking at the treo for my next phone/pda. I had never used a smart phone, but I have been using palm operating system pdas for years. I think it is time I combined phone and pda. I really like palm os for the touch screen and familiar features. Am now with AT&T, but considering a move to get a 750 with the palm os.Looking for advice and info. Thanks!!!
    Welcome to the forum Charles. Your post is posted in the wrong thread for your question, but sounds like you're looking in the right direction, wrong phone. The 750, I believe, is Windows Mobile OS. AT&T has the Treo 680 which is POS. Sprint & Verizon have the 755p. Good luck, read the different threads and let us know what you get.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post

How about that? If Palm had done that, they might not be following Sprint out of business.
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    Until when? Until how long? And where does the money come from to keep them in business until then?
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I heard a rumor that the ceo of Palm uses a HTC Touch to communicate.

Is that true?

I also heard that Google is in serious talks to buy Palm. I know this is true.
    Sure they are. Given that they can pay whatever they like and given that the price is falling like a rock, what is keeping them?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Until when? Until how long? And where does the money come from to keep them in business until then?
    there will be a GSM centro to be release soon, ATT first , tmobile next

also an 800w which has gps, wifi, etc. cdma (sprint) first then gsm
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Well Palm has around 10% marketshare of the WM5/6 Professional OS devices, so they have that. The Centro, although not a cash cow, is generating revenue for the company and moving units. Palm realized that Garnet wasn't going anywhere, and that Nova would take a while to come out, thus one of the big reasons it added WM to its lineup. Can it survive another year recycling POS 5.xxx devices and adding new WM devices to its lineup? I think it can. Unlike all of us here, most consumers don't really know how old the POS is. The $99 Centro was a great move, and a lot of WM users that try a WM Treo swear by them, I know I do. For example, I have the AT&T Tilt with twice the memory, integrated WiFi and GPS, BT 2.0, and all of the hacks you can think of. But its gathering dust on my desk while I use my technically inferior Treo 99% of the time. Why? Because Palm does such a great job at making smartphones work the way you want them to. And for that reason, I think Palm will survive at least another year, but big moves HAVE to be made. A powerful top of the line WM6.1 Treo 8xx with GPS, wifi, 128mb/256mb RAM/ROM, 320x320 screen will do quite well with professionals and prosumers alike. Then hopefully the Linux POS comes out in a year and does what everyone is expecting it to.