Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Surur,

Thanks! I never thought of running multiple POS apps that way. Hmm...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    You know, it won't just be a 900p. It will be a whole line of Treo's, Centro's, Foleo's. Maybe things that haven't been thought of. By late '09' Palm will need a big infusion of cash headed its way.
    late 09 is 2 years away, by that time htc is making phones with double every specs, nokia has probably a 10 mp camera phone and iphone 3 might already be out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I don't intend this to sound fan-boyish, but who's to say that the Palm Linux offering will not offer the same technology as what other manufactures are developing for 2009? Palm is certainly losing market share now but that doesn't mean its 2009 products will not be relevant in comparison to whatever may be out at that point.
    Unfortunately they have never kept up with the competition! Maybe Jon R will help. I prob will get the 800W and use style tap.

We will have 3-4 choices next year.

1.The company in Israel is coming out with a linux device (prob not CDMA)
    2. We have the Android phone (hopefully it will have a Treo Look)
    3. The Palm Linux OSII

I currently am using a BB 8830 (miss my wealth of programs) and I am trying out the Motorola Q9h (nice phone with the exception of no touch screen)

Glad to see that Perry is posting again.
    everything stated above and bigger screen like the HTC touch..come on Palm!
    Pull ya design heads outta ya *bleeps**bleeps**bleeps* and show these phone companies who the KING is.

Enough chit-chat and PRODUCE!!! Yo Ed C. Do a Steve Jobs and turn your people into zombies and offer them big-O bonuses if they finish early.

VZW and Spint Eff the testing just as long as it keeps a solid voice/data connection send it out!
    I am new to this site so I would like to say hello to everyone. I just got into this whole wireless communication age and didn't know the complexity of it. I must say reading these posts are very interesting. I have an offering down below that many of you may already have looked through. Itís regarding the (A)ccess (L)inux (P)latform and the push to keep the wonderful world of Palm based applications alive. Please enjoy, and I apologize if this information is old or has already been posted.

The screen shots below may be an indication of what we can expect on future Palms using this platform.

http://alp.access-company.com/ux/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I am new to this site so I would like to say hello to everyone. I just got into this whole wireless communication age and didn't know the complexity of it. I must say reading these posts are very interesting. I have an offering down below that many of you may already have looked through. Itís regarding the (A)ccess (L)inux (P)latform and the push to keep the wonderful world of Palm based applications alive. Please enjoy, and I apologize if this information is old or has already been posted.

The screen shots below may be an indication of what we can expect on future Palms using this platform.

http://alp.access-company.com/ux/index.html
    I'll be kind, since you're new. ALP was developed by Access, and Palm no longer really deals with Access. Palm is creating their own "next generation" OS, and will not be using ALP.

It's possible that there will be devices using ALP, but they won't be Palm/Treo/etc.
    I don't know how much we can rely on past experiences with Palm to guide us in figuring out what is next. The new investors and top management seem to be wielding a lot of influence and shaking things up quite a bit. Personally, I'm very hopeful and excited about what they are working up there.

Gargoyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I will go with 2009.
    Is that a release date or the date Sprint goes out of business?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    truth is, my 650 is getting tired and i have no desire to buy anything that is currently on the market- $ vs. improvement- no bargain...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoguy View Post
    everything stated above and bigger screen like the HTC touch..come on Palm!
    Pull ya design heads outta ya *bleeps**bleeps**bleeps* and show these phone companies who the KING is.

Enough chit-chat and PRODUCE!!! Yo Ed C. Do a Steve Jobs and turn your people into zombies and offer them big-O bonuses if they finish early.

VZW and Spint Eff the testing just as long as it keeps a solid voice/data connection send it out!
    If you're suggesting that Palm make a device without a hardware keyboard, you obviously don't understand Palm's strategy. I wouldn't buy a Treo without the famous Treo Form Factor, something that is unique in this WM Pro world as of right now.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    As far as I'm concerned, both the Centro and the Treo 500 have abandoned the "famous Treo Form Factor", what with the loss of top-mounted ring/vibrate switch on the 500, the loss of the "smile" keyboard on 500 and Centro, and the chiclet-sized keys & screen on the Centro.

Now, the 500 is just a cheap "me too" rehash that has decent hardware specs but is in sore need of the Palm "special sauce". The Centro definitely has its audience & market but Palm MUST address the market for an iPhone-style larger-screened device....or a TX Treo, if you will.

Right now the biggest criticism I hear from people is that all Treos "are the same". Like it or not, that sweeping generalization is what makes a lot of people end up with BBs or feature-laden dumbphones instead of Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, both the Centro and the Treo 500 have abandoned the "famous Treo Form Factor", what with the loss of top-mounted ring/vibrate switch on the 500, the loss of the "smile" keyboard on 500 and Centro, and the chiclet-sized keys & screen on the Centro.
    I would say that the Treo Form Factor includes a QWERTY keyboard (smile or not - the smile didn't appear until the 650), a square screen, and a top mounted ringer switch. The only one that doesn't fit that form factor is the 500v, which is only lacking the ringer switch.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    A lot of people switched from touch screen to qwert keyboard. The iPhone makes everyone wants the touch screen.... Is it a cycle?

I don't have a iphone but I have a iPod Touch. Definitely the screen and the software are excellent but I have problem in typing the URL...
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I would say that the Treo Form Factor includes a QWERTY keyboard (smile or not - the smile didn't appear until the 650), a square screen, and a top mounted ringer switch. The only one that doesn't fit that form factor is the 500v, which is only lacking the ringer switch.
    It also has a landscape screen.

Surur
    I just don't get the full screen thing for people that are message/email centric. If you're typing a lot, the full screen is crap. I'd take something a little wider than the Centro (for some space on the keyboard) and a little thinner with a slightly bigger screen to get all the goodies that are being talked about.

And it's amazing to see that so many think that the Palm Linux phone is going to be antiquated before it's even released. And that people have so much faith in WM, BB and HTC. HTC makes crap. It looks good and nice, but their quality is overall crap. And WM is still Windows no matter how they try to make it slick. I'd put faith in BB especially if they make a touchscreen phone with a qwerty keyboard.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    HTC makes crap. It looks good and nice, but their quality is overall crap.
    My Tilt is pretty nice, thank you, and HTC made quite a few Treo's,

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    My Tilt is pretty nice, thank you, and HTC made quite a few Treo's,

Surur
    Other than the 750 what else have the made?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    The 650 for one. And the 600, 700w,wx,p of course.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Name any rebranded WM phone and there's a good chance HTC made it. The T-Mobile MDA, SDA, Wing, Cingular 8125, 2125, 8525, Star Trek, Verizon/Sprint 6700, 6800, and so many more.

They know what the are doing, but they didn't make the 755p or the Centro. Word is that Palm is going to have them build their next handheld (WM and Palm OS alike)
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast