Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ker/#more-2642

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...almdrucker.jpg

WOW! check out these specs! Looks like Palm has a GRAND SLAM on its hands if the leaked slides are indeed correct. 320x320 FLUSH screen, GPS, Quadband GSM/Triband HSDPA, WM6.1 are the things I'm excited about.
    that's a nice looking phone... how about some Palm OS on that sucker now!

I wonder how a flush touch screen will work? must be a new technology Palm is using seeing how every other Palm before uses a pressure sensing screen.

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I wonder how a flush touch screen will work? must be a new technology Palm is using seeing how every other Palm before uses a pressure sensing screen.
    Just like on the HTC Touch and Samsung 1780.

July is a very long time from now.

Surur
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Just like on the HTC Touch and Samsung 1780.

July is a very long time from now.

Surur
    It will probably be out before anything else with WM6.1 Pro and GPS in the QWERTYbar form factor...
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    It will probably be out before anything else with WM6.1 Pro and GPS in the QWERTYbar form factor...
    Depends if Samsung will ship the i780 with WM6 or 6.1, and if the HP 910c was delayed to get WM 6.1. I think they are both meant to drop before July.

Surur
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Depends if Samsung will ship the i780 with WM6 or 6.1, and if the HP 910c was delayed to get WM 6.1. I think they are both meant to drop before July.

Surur
    Samsung is worthless without US frequencies, the HP 910c is an option of course, but given the multiple delays, I'm not counting on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Samsung is worthless without US frequencies, the HP 910c is an option of course, but given the multiple delays, I'm not counting on it.
    What a shame about that i780 not being US optimized.

HP.....zzzzzzzzz!

As the the new Treo, hopefully it will be a slimmer and more svelte version of the current 750.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)

CES may start tomorrow in Las Vegas, but there's big news from Europe coming out from BGR. They've scored a Vodafone product roadmap. As was predicted (accurately, by yours truly) over at TreoCentral, Palm is going to be replacing their Treo 750 in July of 2008. We don't have a full picture yet, but we do have some specs:

- Quad-band GSM
    - Windows Mobile 6.1 (Pro? We assume)
    - 320x320 Flush (!) screen (gotta be touch? We assume!)
    - 2mp camera
    - 1500 mAh battery (huge!)
    - GPS, WiFi (!), Bluetooth 2.0

Basically is the GSM Windows Mobile Treo we've all dreamt of. It also seems to be a continuation of Palm's love affair with Vodafone - they got the Treo 750 first, the Treo 500v first (and probably exlusively), and come July (or thereabouts), they'll get the Treo XXX/Drucker first. Our money is on it being called the **Treo 850v**.

Thanks to Chad for the tip!

Read: Vodafone Roadmap: Palm Drucker! | The Boy Genius Report

p.s. We'd like to think that “Drucker” is named after TreoCentral's own “Michael Ducker,” but we wouldn't want Miradu to get too big a head, now would we?

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...v_to_repl.html
    I wonering if this is one of the phones Mal found through FCC filings or if this the GSM version of the 800w.
    I just realized this is not the Treo 800w, which is a CDMA device. This is obviously another device (I was being a bit slow today) so its in fact great news, and shows Palm's device developent engine is still rolling along.

This is nice, as there has been speculation that Palm intends the 750 to last for a very long time still, which this news hopefully refutes.

Surur
  11.    #11  
    I wouldn't even want to upgrade if the 750 had GPS - its the one thing that I need (given how much i travel for business that is). I got the Tilt, but that form factor is just too annoying for me. Treo form factor is the IDEAL form factor for a smartphone IMO.
    please let the red phone button just turn off the screen like every other treo instead of going to the today screen first like the 750!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    WTF, this phone is loaded. Doesn't feel like a Palm.

1500mAH battery? Color me impressed. I hope the GPS is not the ****ty one in Nokia phone and tablet.
    dude seriously...I have best of three worlds. treo 755, blackberry 8820, and iphone. the treo still have a way to go, personally I'm tired of waiting on future phones but I've invested too damn much money to leave the phone completely. the blackberry is sleek, easy to use, and the design is freaking beautiful, Its like it 10 times better than the treo 755, just my opinion though The iphone, one work innovative you really cant compare it with anything, a league of its own.
    I think this confirms (or at least boost the chances) that the 800w on Sprint will have Wifi and GPS too--now will it match the rest of those specs?

Either way, sounds great--especially with the slight chance of moving to Deutschland, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    no dream specs for me....I want 3 MP autofocus with a real flash and at least 400 mHz proccy, 96 MB RAM and 256 ROM
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey View Post
    no dream specs for me....I want 3 MP autofocus with a real flash and at least 400 mHz proccy, 96 MB RAM and 256 ROM
    This will probably have 400mhz and at least 128/256 (if the 800w specs are true, then 256/256 for mem).

Regarding no image: Do you think the Drucker and Zeppelin are so similar in overall design and specs, they don't want to show it till Sprint announces/launches the 800w?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Dang near perfect!... If it were running a finished, next-gen, game changing Palm Linux OS.

This will, unfortunately, be one of many high-end WinMob 6.6.6. devices emerging, crowded and barely distinguishable ("special sauce" not-spoken nor withstanding)...

Sigh.
    Mal: I hope you're right on Proc and Memory.

Me: /pats self on back for guessing a Q3 release date for the 750 replacement.
    And here's WANDA, the 500v successor:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/05/p...00v-successor/
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast