Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thanks rener!

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/palm_wanda_to_succeed_the_treo.html
    The Drucker has formidable competition in the Nokia Liam. The only difference (spec-wise) would probably be the OS. The Nokia is looking good too!

And there is also a BlackBerry 8xxxx... All three look similar and have similar specs. It's good to see at least some flagship devices converging to the Treo form-factor. And it's good to NOT see the Treo go the slider way.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Why can't the Drucker be the 800v, which is a 3G/GSM verson of the 800w on Sprint?

I can't see much logic in product names of the past: 750v, 755p etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think this confirms (or at least boost the chances) that the 800w on Sprint will have Wifi and GPS too--now will it match the rest of those specs?

Either way, sounds great--especially with the slight chance of moving to Deutschland, lol.
    I don't think it really confirms it, because is that what Sprint and VZW really want? They both like to take away features so they can charge you for their service.
    It's possible that AT&T will never pick this up. So just be prepared to get a Vodafone import or let's hope that Palm gets an unlocked model to market within a reasonable time.
    From what I was told, AT&T considers Palm to be too expensive for WM devices compared to HTC and Samsung and was likely to not carry any more Palm WM devices after the 750.
    I HOPE I'm wrong. Hopefully the Drucker will be competetively priced enough for AT&T to pick it up. But I'm not banking on it.

Folks, these are the specs I've been hoping/waiting for! Finally! I switched to the Tilt when it came out mostly for wifi. But the higher res screen, GPS, and larger memory are highly valued as well. I'd switch to this in a heartbeat. I'd even pay a full/unlocked price.

I hope this is for real. I admit it's very difficult to believe.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rener View Post
    Dang near perfect!... If it were running a finished, next-gen, game changing Palm Linux OS.

This will, unfortunately, be one of many high-end WinMob 6.6.6. devices emerging, crowded and barely distinguishable ("special sauce" not-spoken nor withstanding)...

Sigh.
    Given the shortage of qwertybar WM6/6.1 Pro devices out, I think it is HIGHLY distinguishable in the market.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    It's possible that AT&T will never pick this up. So just be prepared to get a Vodafone import or let's hope that Palm gets an unlocked model to market within a reasonable time.
    From what I was told, AT&T considers Palm to be too expensive for WM devices compared to HTC and Samsung and was likely to not carry any more Palm WM devices after the 750.
    I HOPE I'm wrong. Hopefully the Drucker will be competetively priced enough for AT&T to pick it up. But I'm not banking on it.

Folks, these are the specs I've been hoping/waiting for! Finally! I switched to the Tilt when it came out mostly for wifi. But the higher res screen, GPS, and larger memory are highly valued as well. I'd switch to this in a heartbeat. I'd even pay a full/unlocked price.

I hope this is for real. I admit it's very difficult to believe.
    More unfounded rumors IMO. If the specs are right, then this thing is at the top of the list, matching the Tilt on mostly everything. Too expensive? I doubt that...
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    More unfounded rumors IMO. If the specs are right, then this thing is at the top of the list, matching the Tilt on mostly everything. Too expensive? I doubt that...
    It won't be making it's way to my pocket unless Palm dramatically shaves off bulk and thickness. Samsung has already shown that a touch screen qwerty pro device can be slim with a boatload of features.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    It won't be making it's way to my pocket unless Palm dramatically shaves off bulk and thickness. Samsung has already shown that a touch screen qwerty pro device can be slim with a boatload of features.
    I'd definitely like a thinner and lighter Treo as well. 15-16mm thick and 4.5-4.9oz would be perfectly fine with me. I'll take a bigger/heavier device to have that 1500mah battery.
    finally a treo that gsm/att/true high end phone users can get excited about. hopefully it will not become vaperware like the beloved foolio
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I don't understand the rational of the wandar, by replacing a triband phone with a new triband phone, Palm has committed to a standalone oversea-only model.

Did the original 500v really did so well to warrant an ungrade? Why not put a quadband/edge radio in it and sale it to AT&T and TMobile as well. Surely the 3G-less TMobile USA will eat it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    If AT&T can somehow see that this device differentiates itself enough, they they may change their mind. Say if it's 'sexy' enough to market we.
    But HTC and Samsung can and do produce products with matching specs at a lower cost. Therefore AT&T is not interested in similar devices at a higher cost. There's simply no business incentive.
    At least this is how it was explained to me. But this device may change this. It all depends.

Unfounded rumor? Absolutely correct.
    I'm just trying to set expectations to people which is that AT&T may not chose to carry it.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. I WANT this device. People should just curb their excitement on an AT&T arrival of this which might not come.
    Potential pic from Gates' keynote?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/n...gates-himself/
    Deleted
    Of the Drucker? Screen doesn't look flush to me, so perhaps not?
    Did it bluescreen on him during a demo?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Ok someone with photoshop skills do a mock-up!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  18.    #38  
    If AT&T can somehow see that this device differentiates itself enough, they they may change their mind. Say if it's 'sexy' enough to market we.
    But HTC and Samsung can and do produce products with matching specs at a lower cost. Therefore AT&T is not interested in similar devices at a higher cost. There's simply no business incentive.
    At least this is how it was explained to me. But this device may change this. It all depends.

Unfounded rumor? Absolutely correct.
    I'm just trying to set expectations to people which is that AT&T may not chose to carry it.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. I WANT this device. People should just curb their excitement on an AT&T arrival of this which might not come.
    In any case, I see no point in attempting to set expectations when there is no rationale behind the purported expectation. A great device like the Drucker can attract alot of business customers taht buy in bulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Mal: I hope you're right on Proc and Memory.

Me: /pats self on back for guessing a Q3 release date for the 750 replacement.
    Dieter... you had inside help. The monkey told you.

Ugh, I suck, two SNL references in a week. You should probably ban me for that.
    The Centro has the same specs as the 700/755 but is of higher quality (it actually has a BT 2.0 radio) yet costs much less to produce.

Palm will have these "utlra-tier" devices competitively priced with HTC/Samsung.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast