1.    #1  
    Hi. There are a few things that are possible but still a pain and I'm hoping someone figured out already:

1. How do you copy a URL of a link in a page on Blazer?
    2. How do you quickly transfer a bit of text, think copy and paste, from your PC to your device and vice versa?
    3. Is there any hack that will allow me to quickly switch my PC's keyboard over Bluetooth to type on my device?
    4. When someone gives you a number over the phone, what's the quickest way to store it? Think of an automated voice system that will not wait for you to open Contacts and switch to the speaker.
    5. I don't think this is possible but would like a quick way to turn the ringer off temporarily. Say, you went to a movie and then missed the alarm the next morning

For reference, I'm using a Centro.

Thanks, and happy new year!
    Last edited by sivan; 01/01/2008 at 05:42 PM.
    I use notepad (diddlebug is another alternative) for writing info down while on a call. If you prefer to type, check out the program snap (not the screenshot program but the note taking program). You can write a lot of info and then dump it to the various programs.
    As for #5 theres a program called profile care that will allow you to change your settings for a specific ammount of time or at regular intervals
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    4. When someone gives you a number over the phone, what's the quickest way to store it? Think of an automated voice system that will not wait for you to open Contacts and switch to the speaker.
    I use CallRec for this, when someone gives me a number or an address I don't even try to remember it as I can just listen back to the saved call when it's more convenient time.

Otherwise, just flip over to the Tasks application and type it in when on the call so that it's already in your todo list to add it at a later date.
    #1 Press the spacebar when you're on the site. This will highlight the URL in yellow. Then press the menu key and C. This will copy the URL. Paste it where you want it.
    I just copy text and email.

Note: On Centro. you can switch between Web & Email & not lose email text. So multiple cuts/pastes is possible.
    FastFrank
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    #1 Press the spacebar when you're on the site. This will highlight the URL in yellow. Then press the menu key and C. This will copy the URL. Paste it where you want it.
    I meant copying a URL within the page itself. Right now you can only click on a link but not copy the destination. I've used Downloader to scan all links but it's a pain.

For copying text I create a text file and bluetooth or IR it over. Again, possible, but kind of painful. Bluetooth copy/paste would be nice, could even be implemented over BT/IR file transfer with some thought.

I also think that Palm should provide a login/password application and save users from typing into sites on Blazer. Really any savings in typing is progress

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll try the Snap app.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Those are some great apps. Thanks.
    Always looking for cheap mobile phone accessories.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    3. Is there any hack that will allow me to quickly switch my PC's keyboard over Bluetooth to type on my device?
    Just found PDAReach, which connects to my device and puts the screen on my computer screen, where I can type and use my mouse, and of course use copy/paste.

I still would like to be able to do this directly on the device screen for privacy, but this is pretty cool. A little buggy on my Centro with Blazer.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700