Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm using Google Maps for Palm OS on a 680 (v 1.2.0.9) and it's stopped working. I now only get "loading..." in the top right corner. I've tried resetting Google Maps as well as reinstalling the app.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Edit: is anyone else having this problem as well?
    It is working normally for me.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    works on my 680 att network
    Working fine on my unlocked 680 on T-Mobile.
    Try a Palm reset.
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Works fine on 700p and 755p. If you are having problem loading the map, make sure you have checked "Hide Traffic" option. "Show Traffic" will slow down the entire application. If this doesn't resolve the problem, reset the Google Map. If it still doesn't work, reset the Treo. If the previous steps still don't solve the problem, the last thing you would have to do is to download the Google Map again and reinstall it. Good luck.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    I'm using Google Maps for Palm OS on a 680 (v 1.2.0.9) and it's stopped working. I now only get "loading..." in the top right corner. I've tried resetting Google Maps as well as reinstalling the app.
    Are you on T-Mobile, on the $5.99 data plan? If so, TMO probably just got around to blocking HTTP Port 80 in your area. Since GMM doesn't allow you to change the ports, your only option would be to upgrade to the $19.99 plan.

Howard Forums has lots of threads about this:

http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. Looks like an upgrade is in order.
    Always looking for cheap mobile phone accessories.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi-
    I've got a new Verizon 755P and the installed Google Maps worked fine in the beginning, but now when I try it it resets the phone. I've not added that much, but I saw in other posts that the Voice Dial causes problems. I had downloaded it but hadn't really tried it. I quickly deleted it but it still is resetting. Got any ideas? Can I delete it and reinstall since it's in main memory?

Thanks-
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I've also had problems recently with Google Maps.I have the Treo 755p. Google Maps worked perfectly for a couple of months.Then on a trip between San Diego and L.A., Google Maps was stuck in loading.Then a message stating ''no network'' or "needs to be reset" but to no avail.In the last couple of days,the phone was having these problems 80% of the time.Needing to reinstall by syncing(installing on the phone's web had the same issues). I might have a corrupted file.The dread of doing a hard reset.Ugggggggh.

the duck
    My wifes Centro would just show the "loading" and seemed locked. Mine worked fine.

Her GMaps link was a favorite, so I deleted the favorite & immediately created a new fresh link to GMaps in the same cell and it us working again? Go figure!
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    I had the same problem over the last two days. I have a 755p on Sprint, and I was driving around the SF Bay Area, with concentration in SF and on the peninsula.

Without having changed anything or done anything to the phone to my knowledge, Google Maps would freeze while trying to load info ("Loading." in the upper right corner), then, after almost a minute, would come back with an error saying that the application needs a data network to work, and that I didn't have it. or that something was wrong...

...Meanwhile, Blazer worked fine to access the web (yahoo's WAP mail, Facebook Mobile, among others). Mundu IM, however, wasn't able to connect to any of my IM accounts.

I tried deleting the upgraded version of Google Maps that I had, reverting to the ROM version. That had the same issue. I then re-installed over the network. Same issue.

Then, after about two days of this, this morning, both Google Maps and Mundu IM started working again. No changes on my part as far as I can tell.

Oh, well...
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Happening again on AT&T - stuck on "loading". Anyone else?
    I'm on AT&T, and working fine. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  16. cwb
    i happened to try google maps after buying a replacement centro and Google maps won't connect. it has always worked for me and i just did a back up man restore on the new phone. i also went to downloads and reinstalled it. It says loading...and then i get an error message that say i must have a data connection (I do, unlimited on Sprint) and network timeout. Can anyone help with this?