Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Couple of things
    • Dieter/Jennifer may "know" officially
    While it's probably a mistake to disavow knowledge (in case there's someday when I can't disavow knowledge), I don't know anything for sure. But I did consider hedging my guess about the 800w on sprint v verizon. But in the end i feel pretty strongly about sprint being the one -- strongly enough to start a contest to give a sprint treo 800w away, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Is it just me, or is the link to the original article now dead?
    http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/1468-1.htm
    We got that issue fixed, I think. Thanks for the emails, everybody.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    But I did consider hedging my guess about the 800w on sprint v verizon. But in the end i feel pretty strongly about sprint being the one -- strongly enough to start a contest to give a sprint treo 800w away, anyway.
    How about an early Vodafone release of a GSM Treo 800v in Europe? Don't forget that Vodafone had the Treo 750v out really fast.

And thanks for fixing the link too!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    How about an early Vodafone release of a GSM Treo 800v in Europe? Don't forget that Vodafone had the Treo 750v out really fast.

And thanks for fixing the link too!
    Sadly, Palm hasn't managed to release a GSM and CDMA phone concurrently since the Treo 650 (did they even do it then? I can't remember).
    I am still hopeful for a big red release. After all that where first rumors stated that there really is a 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    google's gphone android os will be so good and so open to 3rd party developers, that the remaining palm community will embrace it, rather than waiting for another vaporware.
    Not gonna happen. All the developers I know have looked at the (very limited) Android API have yawned and gone back to whatever platforms they've been working on already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The feedback on developing applications for the Android platform have been mixed.[21] Some issues being blamed for the frustration include bugs, lack of documentation, inadequate QA infrastructure, and no public issue-tracking system. MergeLab mobile startup founder, Adam MacBeth, stated, "Functionality is not there, is poorly documented or just doesn't work... It's clearly not ready for prime time."
    Now when Android gets more more mature and devices actually start to appear that may change but for now we really don't know.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Sadly, Palm hasn't managed to release a GSM and CDMA phone concurrently since the Treo 650 (did they even do it then? I can't remember).
    Now we have news of the Palm "Drucker" on Vodafone, which from the specs is the Treo 800v. The bad news is it has a target release date of July 2008!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
    GSM Centro with no HSDPA? what the heck?
    I know. Really.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Clamshell Centro? Yes!!!

Foleo II? Yes!!!

I hope you're right.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123