Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its awesome I just had a 18 minute call w someone in the other side of the globe. And I m surfing treocentral right now.

Further testament of Treo's superior one hand operation.
    Actually no. I have not tried that.

I have thought about hanging the Treo from my neck, kind of like soap on a rope when in the shower.

Could you try the soap on a rope angle and report back on if it ruins the Treo. I'm mainly interested in net radio streaming and how well it sounds under water while it gets blasted from the shower head.

I figure the key jam would get removed from the high pressure water stream too.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Its awesome Further testament of Treo's superior one hand operation.
    Sorry, I can't help this, it's just me But, what are you doing with the other hand?

Personally, please help me if I go so far as using the phone in the tub.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Female's...pics please
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    The other hand was holding myself balance. Sorry to disappoint you. Treo has too limited video playback capacity. ;-)
    Believe it or not, I happened to have done this just the other day.

I put on my Bluetooth stereo headphones, turned the shower on, and streamed NPR content through Kinoma. Good stuff.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I wouldn't have the guts to use it in the bathtub. Explain that one to the insurance company after you drop it.

ET
    UGH - Better get some protection for your phone --- like the Aquapac case.
    Otherwise, if you drop it in the water, your phone will end up in dry dock a couple days...

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    For some reason my previous time posting this was unsuccessful...? Anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I wouldn't have the guts to use it in the bathtub. Explain that one to the insurance company after you drop it.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    UGH - Better get some protection for your phone --- like the Aquapac case.
    Otherwise, if you drop it in the water, your phone will end up in dry dock a couple days...
    I use my Bluetooth stereo headphones, so the Treo is never in danger of getting wet.

The headphones fit surprisingly snugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Believe it or not, I happened to have done this just the other day.

I put on my Bluetooth stereo headphones, turned the shower on, and streamed NPR content through Kinoma. Good stuff.
    Which BT headphones are you using? I have been looking for real waterproof BT stereo headphones...

[or am I being silly in taking this discussion too seriously?]
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  11.    #11  
    For those who have't dropped the phone in the water, just remember to take it out within a couple seconds; take out the battery in say 10 second; dry it out over night and you would be fine.
    The only time I get in a bathtub is with my wife. (I take showers otherwise.) You can best believe the Treo is the last thing on my mind while I'm in the bathtub. Hahaha!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Which BT headphones are you using? I have been looking for real waterproof BT stereo headphones...

[or am I being silly in taking this discussion too seriously?]
    They're not waterproof. I just keep the shower water below my head.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I have regularly used my treo in the bathroom while sitting on the toilet seat. Using it in a bathtub might be a challenge for me. Does the bath take longer since you only have one hand to srub/clean
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    The only time I get in a bathtub is with my wife. (I take showers otherwise.) You can best believe the Treo is the last thing on my mind while I'm in the bathtub. Hahaha!
    Post video pleae.

ET
    I have a solution to keep it safe & dry! Use a ziploc bag (the smaller ones git perfectly) & seal it up in there. Before I zip it I suck out any air & then quickly seal it. It keeps perfectly dry (even under water) & you can still touch the screen! Booyahhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I have a solution to keep it safe & dry! Use a ziploc bag (the smaller ones git perfectly) & seal it up in there. Before I zip it I suck out any air & then quickly seal it. It keeps perfectly dry (even under water) & you can still touch the screen! Booyahhhhh
    Use the Treo in the Bath all the time when just soaking up the suds before washing. Only problem is I can't relax to much...stress worrying if I drop it. The zip lock bag seems like an awesome idea. I will have to give that one a try.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Funny, the only time I get in a bathtub is with your wife too.

(sorry, couldn't resist a setup like that one!)
    Suck out the air really well so that if there's the slightest hole, it'll suck in water!

Better get an Aquapack if you're serious about using the Treo around water, they're only around $19 and there's quite a few different sizes. I'm thinking about buying one that fits my 680 better, my current one is quite a bit longer than it needs to be (sized for 650, and I think I had to go a little large to get one that fit).
  20. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I grab the ziplocs when i go to an amusement park, well specifically for the watery log rides or the whitewater rafting rides.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast