1.    #1  
    getting my 755 in today and my 700p is current and sync'd with my laptop... if i want to just swap it all to the 755 can i just name the 755 the same thing and perform a hotsync?

thanks in advance
    It is a terrible idea to sync more than one device with the same Hotsync ID on one computer. You can give the new Treo the old one's ID but you will have to hard reset the old one and give it a different ID when you next sync it.
    It is best to follow the Palm upgrade procedures or do a 'clean install' when moving from an older to a newer PalmOS device.

Software setttings from an older device usually cause the newer device fits, so a direct hot sync to a prior device user ID is not recommended.

The procedures mentioned just above avoid this problem and allow you to keep the same user ID on the new device.

But as stated by "detective" above . . . . you can sync multiple devices to one PC . . . but each device must have it's own unique user ID.

Cheers, Perry.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129710
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/18/2007 at 11:06 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    It is a terrible idea to sync more than one device with the same Hotsync ID on one computer. You can give the new Treo the old one's ID but you will have to hard reset the old one and give it a different ID when you next sync it.
    i was planning on hard reseting it and not using it...

i guess it wouldnt be THAT difficult to just start fresh but i was hoping to be up and running right away basically and thought that naming the new device the same ID and syncing and not using the old one may work.

things like chattermail etc ill need to redownload on the new device and reregister to "do it clean"?

thanks for the tips.
    Fresh is best on the 3rd party software installs. . . . . might as well download and install the latest versions while you are at it.
    I have a Palm T3 and just got a Treo 700p. The Treo won't run some of the applications I have become most addicted to on my T3 (e.g. audible.com's reader) and I wish I could synch my PIM info across both so I have my information on whichever device is at hand. You'd think Palm would encourage people to have mutiple Palm devices!

Does anybody know of an application or means to accomplish this?