1.    #1  
    Is it worth upgrading from my 700p to the 755p?

What are the major differences?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Yes..

Differences.. One works and the other...welll...nevermind
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I had a 700p. seemed to work fine for me. never bothered upgrading to the 755. seemed like the only advantage was the internal antenna.

I've since upgraded to a centro from the 700p and am very happy.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I went from 700P to 755P. I really like the improved form factor of the 755. It really seems samller and lighter...the rubberized finish is gereat, and the lack of antenna is great.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by Treotard View Post

Thanks,
    Tim
    No one really answered the question. I tried to search for the answer but there is no real comparison made. I have a 700P and I am thinking of getting a 755P and giving the 700 to my wife but I am trying to figure out what is different about the two other than cosmetics. Can anyone give a basic comparison?
    On the plus side the 755p has a rubberized grip, no external antenna, mini sd slot on the side with a cover, is thinner, lighter, and if I remember correctly the keyboard is slightly different (IMHO better).

On the minus side it shorter battery life, an annoying issue with battery % calculation unless you charge it via USB, and no soft reset button.

It also seems to use EVDO rev A PRLs. I believe that other than that they are the same.
    yep.
    do you know how to transfer your data from the 700w to 755p? is this even possible?

Thanks,
    Tim
    It does not look like anyone can/wants you to answer your question....

I've heard both that the 700p and the 755p are nearly one-in-the-same with software/hardware....but then again I've heard that there's some subtle changes specifically for the 755/Centro that improve performance and stability. Again, no solid information. The Bluetooth is still the same piece of garbage implementation, so don't expect anything improved there.

Some positive information...I was at my local Sprint Store the other day pondering a 700p replacement. I asked the sales man about return/service frequency of the Centro and 755. He said that they are significantly less than the 700p....so that's encouraging.
    Here is a chart comparing all treo's.

http://www.treonauts.com/palm-centro...comparison.php
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Here is a chart comparing all treo's.

http://www.treonauts.com/palm-centro...comparison.php
    This chart shows there is not a single advantage in upgrading to the 755P from the 700P. The only difference between the two is a smaller batter and slightly less depth in the case which means none of my spare batteries, SD card, or holster will work. Data is not faster, software is the same, memory is the same. Is this chart right? There is no advantage in upgrading?
    If it has the newest EVD0 radio then it is faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    If it has the newest EVD0 radio then it is faster.
    The chart says it only has EVDO
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    The 755 is perceived to be more stable then the 700 pre or post MR.
    There appears to be some hardware differences (to help stability?) as the radio supports different (newer) PRL formats. Also, I have found reception to be the same (others say better) despite the internal antenna, which also points to better radio.

For the most part, the changes are on the surface. You really should hold a 755 to understand the difference. On paper the smaller size, reduction in weight, rubber grip, hidden led, and concave sides can't be appreciated.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Cons:
    Same camera.
    5.4.9 garnet OS
    MINI-SD ... not micro.. not regular SD...
    No reset button.. Pull the battery

Pro's
    No Antenna
    Still fatty little device..
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann View Post
    The chart says it only has EVDO
    Nope...same chipset which is a bit disheartening. The next Qualcomm chipset up in the chain is supposedly identical but Rev.A upgradeable. I think they could have used it in the 755 without much change.

But to summarize, neither the Centro or the 755 will ever see anything faster than Rev.0 since the chipset wasn't designed with upgradebility.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    There is no upgrade to 755 only downgrade because it does not accept an SD card. I've got to have my 16GB card.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks for all of the replys.

So, I guess that my 700p with the MR upgrade is comparable to the 755p other then cosmetics. If that's the case I'll stick with my 700p for now.

Tim
    Thanks for all of the replys.

So, I guess that my 700p with the MR upgrade is comparable to the 755p other then cosmetics. If that's the case I'll stick with my 700p for now.

Tim
    Be sure to ask over in the '755' threads. I think that you'll find many former 700 owners there who tell you first hand that the stability is improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    There is no upgrade to 755 only downgrade because it does not accept an SD card. I've got to have my 16GB card.
    Agreed - at least to the fact that mini-SD's are way behind the memory curve, plus, if you upgrade, you have to re-purchase a newer, smaller-capacity card. Not to mention, you can't use any spare batteries (mine is 2200maH!) you owned previously, and the 755p probably won't fit correctly in the protection case you're using with your 700p.

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Be sure to ask over in the '755' threads. I think that you'll find many former 700 owners there who tell you first hand that the stability is improved.
    I think this is the main question that needs to be answered here, is the 755p more reliable and/or stable than the 700p? For those who have upgraded from a 700p to a 755p, we do have to keep in mind that sometimes the 'fresh start' can improve stability, much like performing a backup, hard reset, and a restore to a 700p--or simply hard resetting and reinstalling apps one-by-one, or wiping out 'Saved_Preferences' and re-entering all registration codes & settings.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I think this is the main question that needs to be answered here, is the 755p more reliable and/or stable than the 700p? For those who have upgraded from a 700p to a 755p, we do have to keep in mind that sometimes the 'fresh start' can improve stability, much like performing a backup, hard reset, and a restore to a 700p--or simply hard resetting and reinstalling apps one-by-one, or wiping out 'Saved_Preferences' and re-entering all registration codes & settings.
    Right, but most everyone who was frustrated enough with the 700p to make the incemental move to the 755 have tried all that too. Most people who are able to find this forum, post thier issue and respond/add meaningful content are going to be savvy enough to do the reset/reinstall process....it's the first thing that noobies are suggested to do and power-users try in resolving problems. Again, you will get a lot more feedback in the 755 forum since that's where most of the 700 upgraders 'hang-out'.