View Poll Results: What's missing?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full GPS/Location Based Services and Maps

44 53.66%
  • Adobe (macromedia) Flash Support (beyond the old hacked Clie player)

4 4.88%
  • Videoconferencing or 2-way video chat

3 3.66%
  • Push-to-talk

0 0%
  • Video Streaming From the Camera (such as Comvu)

1 1.22%
  • Take higher quality photos and video

5 6.10%
  • Browse with tabs or multiple browser windows

5 6.10%
  • Support more streaming or multimedia formats (Realmedia, FLV 2.0)

1 1.22%
  • Fully support J2ME (Beyond the ineffecient and out of data Websphere)

2 2.44%
  • Multitask programs

17 20.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What feature can your other phones do that your PalmOS based treo not do that you really wish the most it could?
    How about work-as-designed? My experience with Treo reliability leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    How about something as simple as Youtube on the 680 with out 3rd party software.
    hmmm....how about the ability to do simple tasks without 3rd party apps (ringtones,themes, alarms etc.). Dont get me wrong i love how i can totally customize my treo to fit my needs, its just a pain to look for them.
    TREO 700P
    3G, better browser, BT, and user experience w/3rd party programs
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I'm suprised that no one has mentioned WiFi.
    Before Sprint's PowerVision that was a very hot issue.
    Not important to me, but must be for others.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I wish it could do this:

Somehow this guy did it!
    The Centro has taken some steps in the right direction with embedded programs like:

- Docs to Go
    - Video Player (Youtube)
    - Ptunes (Player & Internet Radio)
    - Astraware Card Games
    - Suduku?
    -Google Maps
    Take phone out of box & start using it without a lot of work and thought.

Need to add:
    - Strong File Mgr
    - More Internal memory 10-20G+
    - Better Camera/VCR
    - WiFi & Internet Phone Function
    - More Universal Video Player
    - Like www.blueapple.mobi
    - Residential Contact Lookup - DA
    - Direct Email Link in Contacts
    - Alert on Rec'd Email
    - Direct Web Vectoring in Contacts
    - Java
    - Flexi Timer w/h:m:s Resolution
    - More Games to Pick From
    - DUN
    - Longer Battery Life
    - Larger Screen/
    - Simple to Use Like Palm OS

Not all users can figure out how to load this stuff & create a stable phone w/no crashes/lockups.

Yes, I want a phone that can do everything. This is the long term
    direction of a single device.
    FastFrank
    it's a toss between wi-fi, full gps and multitasking...I chose multitasking since it would probably be needed before the other 2 were implemented
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    I don't want multitasking. Don't want wifi. But GPS is interesting even if i already have a stand alone. I'm thinking it could be used for other things...where a pic was taken, instant directions, taking waypoints, etc. Maybe even see other users who enable you to on your map (think garmin rhino.if i got that name right). But i wouldn't use it to route while driving. So GPS gets my vote.

If i had a second choice, it'd be a better browsing/email experience.
    Please do tell. How do you get PSX working on a Palm Treo? I can get GBA and SNES on my WM Treo at near full speed. Even PSX works, but not full-screen like that guy has it (and not on a Palm Treo).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I don't much care about a camera on my phone, but if Palm choses to include one, they should make it good enough to actually use (2MP, flash and decent lens). The camera on my Treo is a joke.

GPS and wi-fi are both very nice to have but GSM broadband is more important (and not mentioned).

Finally, why can't Palm produce a Treo with a similar form factor to the Blackberry Curve?
    My Top Votes:
    Full GPS/Location Based Services and Maps
    Take higher quality photos and video
    Browse with tabs or multiple browser windows
    Support more streaming or multimedia formats (Realmedia, FLV 2.0)
    Fully support J2ME (Beyond the ineffecient and out of data Websphere)
    Multitask programs
    Better bluetooth stack

#1 RELIABILITY... Deltaflyer said that and I'm with him/her on that.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Why no "all of the above"?

Oh, and LJP can handle SNES at (near) full speed on a PalmOS treo just fine.

There was an alpha PSX emulator being worked on awhile ago but performance was so bad it wasn't playable.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I am a real estate broker and investor. If my Treo 755 had a high-quality camera I would think it was perfect. It literally does EVERYTHING that I ask of it except take good pics. (But it is a lot slower than my 650).
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Why no "all of the above"?
    Or "none of the above". I would love not to have to go 3rd party and pay $150 or TomTom capability but if it would add $20 to the cost to have any of the others, I wouldn't bite.
    1) Not have an upgrade that fixes issues, but causes other issues

2) Wish my Treo was 100% stable... ok now, but it has "little" issues, like lockups, pauses, people complain they call and it just rings, etc that cause me to reset every now and again.
    Last edited by theog; 12/19/2007 at 03:39 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    but the main reason I went to an Tilt/Kaiser:
    HSDPA (3G on GSM). I don't know if the reason it's not supported is an OS-specific limitation like the no-more-than-two-radio issue, but if it can be done, I'll buy a new Palm OS device.

Listed in the poll: Support for Flash.
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislrob View Post
    I am a real estate broker and investor. If my Treo 755 had a high-quality camera I would think it was perfect. It literally does EVERYTHING that I ask of it except take good pics. (But it is a lot slower than my 650).
    Ridiculous, no cellphone takes good pictures except a handful that are designed specifically for this.
    All of the above plus one-touch dialing into conference calls (e.g. number then passcode) directly from an email, calendar, task, whatever. Current POS limitations are:
    - can't use a Favorite since the passcode is diff for each call
    - commas,"p" only adds a delay, doesn't wait for the second dialtone/prompt

Not weigh the shirt down if you can fit it into a shirt pocket.

Ambient light sensor used for automatic adjustment of keyboard lights, screen brightness, etc
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast