Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am taking notes a lot, i tried doing it on all available business phones, I think treo 680 is the simplest smartphone on earth
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Thats why bluetooth was invented, but a bit like the iPhone, you could always hold it like a pancake to your head

Surur

I don't always use headsets though. Does the keyboard slide? Or is it always open? I'd have to use the speaker if so.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Its a clam shell with a smal external display.

Surur
    Are there any other pictures? No matter how I look at that photo, it still looks like a small computer. Like those old PDA organizers that opened and closed. It just doesn't look like a phone to me. Not that it's a bad thing, I just would need to use it as a phone first.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    cnet wants to make me gag these days. Anything apple is news. I've not read a review lately about anything..cameras, printers, phones, etc that used to be like the old days there. I've been on cnet forever.

It's good for an overview but i always go to better sites for better reviews.
    I tend to think most reviewers these days are as interested in saying enough good things about a product so they continue to get demo units as well as trying their best to offer honest feedback. Frankly, I'll take the honest feedback and dump the rest. I did notice, though, that the article the other guy linked to had no mention of the iPhone or Apple anywhere. I did notice that they had good things to say about every phone. Gosh, really? Nothing bad about any of them? hmm...
    You mean CNET? They've bashed phones before. In fact, any phone with just a "good" rating usually has drawbacks posted in the review. "Good" really means "fair" on CNET, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You mean CNET? They've bashed phones before. In fact, any phone with just a "good" rating usually has drawbacks posted in the review. "Good" really means "fair" on CNET, LOL!
    I was speaking more generally. It seems reviewers like to veil their actual thoughts about issues, or couch them until the comments are almost unintelligible as negative. As for CNET, I don't bother with them at all. I was only remarking on the particular article that the earlier post referenced.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Are there any other pictures? No matter how I look at that photo, it still looks like a small computer. Like those old PDA organizers that opened and closed. It just doesn't look like a phone to me. Not that it's a bad thing, I just would need to use it as a phone first.
    http://www.engadget.com/media/2007/0...mni_mockup.jpg

Its more what Nokia would call a Communicator than a phone. Its definitely not voice-centric.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    this prolly is going to be a huge debate, but im really curious on what the highest rated smartphone would be... im POSITIVE its not an iphone, hell i wouldnt really call an iphone a smartphone really, but what about a touch or a mogul? what yall think..
    As others have astutely pointed out, it depends on numerous factors
    • Carrier
    • Money willing to spend (service + phone)
    • Main purpose of device: media, phone, messaging, heavy texting?
    • Does size matter
    • Specific features needed: Wifi, A2DP, large screen, etc

There is no "one" device--as it all depends on the above.

It sounds as if you are with Sprint--which I think is great if you get good coverage. Having unlimited 3g at such low prices is a huge plus for any smartphone.

Sprint's lineup has greatly improved and my two favorite devices are
    • Centro: fast, tiny, great screen, great feature set
    • Moto Q q9c: GPS, nice screen + KB, slim

Kaiser is certainly the king of PDA functionality--it has everything but a VGA screen. The form factor here though is important--theoretically I'm fine with sliders, in execution though I find them a pain. But that is something to think about.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Blackberry, hands down. Stable, ergonomically sound, it just works. Thats more then I can say about any Win Mobile device. I also think the iphone 2.0 will blow everything away when it comes out.
  11.    #31  
    actually i dont find blackberries all that dominant in the "all of the above" category at all, and personally i really dont see much that special about them... that was a pretty bold statment to say that they kill any windows mobile device out when most of em cant even do a simple thing like take a picture, let along customizing the software with 3rd party apps
    i hate idiots... seriously
    But that's changing on the newer BB models. Look on Handango, lots of BB software is now being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ... The form factor here though is important--theoretically I'm fine with sliders, in execution though I find them a pain. But that is something to think about.
    This is a very interesting point, and it got me to thinking. I hate large screens because they result in either screen-based keyboards (eh) or slide-out keyboards (yuk). A lot of smart phone people want (or need) their keyboard. So why is it that it's the keyboard that always falls prey to the trade-off war? Has anyone done (or have plans for) a slider where the SCREEN slides out (or extends) from underneath the keyboard? Because at least in my experience, it's the screen we might want more room on depending on what we're doing... So why not make that the variable part of the user experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
    actually i dont find blackberries all that dominant in the "all of the above" category at all, and personally i really dont see much that special about them... that was a pretty bold statment to say that they kill any windows mobile device out when most of em cant even do a simple thing like take a picture, let along customizing the software with 3rd party apps
    Read my post!! I said the iphone 2.0 would do that, not the BB.

Blackberry, hands down. Stable, ergonomically sound, it just works. Thats more then I can say about any Win Mobile device. I also think the iphone 2.0 will blow everything away when it comes out.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Is this about the best smartphone in the world, or the best in the US. If its the best in the US, of devices available now, I would have to say the AT&T Tilt. It has a largish screen, its thinner than a Treo (and about the same thickness as a Centro), it is very very multi-functional due to the hardware capabilities (WIFI and GPS built-in, can take 8GB memory cards, has a goodish camera, 128 MB RAM, keyboard).

I think its the best device around at the moment, which is why I bought one.

One day my Omni will come, and then I'll ditch my Kaiser, but till then its pretty safe in my pocket.

Surur
    The Tilt is THINNER than a Treo? What have you been smoking?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Maybe you need to use google. At 0.7 inches its thinner than the 755p at 0.85 inches.

Surur
    755p, but only because I just got one.

ET
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Re: Taroliw's comment on sliders...

Like a cross between the Palm T/T3 and a Treo? I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
    The only drawback is the inability to use the keyboard in landscape mode, but an external bluetooth keyboard would be best for serious text entry anyhow.
    -Rusty
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Well, as long as we're thinking out of the box... why not have the screen rotate (physically) in addition to telescoping? Why must we always rotate the whole device? You see a similar design at play in tablet computers, or convertibles where the machine can be used in standard clam or tablet mode -- the display flips and pivots.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Well, as long as we're thinking out of the box... why not have the screen rotate (physically) in addition to telescoping? Why must we always rotate the whole device? You see a similar design at play in tablet computers, or convertibles where the machine can be used in standard clam or tablet mode -- the display flips and pivots.
    Something like this?
    http://www.technoblog.it/wp-content/...0-SGH_P910.jpg

Surur
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast