Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I need to extend the length of my Treo charge cable. (The USB sync cable is fine)

Does anyone know what's inside of it? Just a straight copper line? Should I have any problems just lopping it off and sticking a bridge in?

Also, does anyone know if there's anywhere to find instructions on how to get the wires to come out of the bottom of the Palm desktop charger instead of the back?
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    I need to extend the length of my Treo charge cable. (The USB sync cable is fine)

Does anyone know what's inside of it? Just a straight copper line? Should I have any problems just lopping it off and sticking a bridge in?

Also, does anyone know if there's anywhere to find instructions on how to get the wires to come out of the bottom of the Palm desktop charger instead of the back?
    What about extending the connection to the wall, ie: An AC cord. Not the cable itself?

If you have to ask, it just sounds like a bad idea for you to do. The wires are going to be 18-22 gauge and probably surrounded by who knows what to make the cable strong with such light wiring. If it works, it won't be reliable, especially if it gets yanked on any.
    cut it up man,,,,,,, then take pictures and tell us all about it. Hardware modding will make you famous on the board and the community will gain knowledge from your pioneering
    You could always get a USB sync/charge cable off ebay for cheap. If you need it to be longer then just add on a USB extension cable.

If you need the ability to charge via an AC source or car instead of your USB port, you can buy adapters for that too. I speak from experience as this is what I generally do.

For Example - http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Data-cable-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer