Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    And if there is no 900 in 18 months?

But the real issue is what will Apple have done with the iPhone in 18 months? Who has the greatest resources? Who has the brand? Who has the vision? Who has the momentum? Who has the lead? Once Apple opens the platform to third party apps, how long does it take them to overcome the "10 years of third party apps?"

Face it Perry. The war is over and our boys lost. I now care more what Apple does than what Palm does.
    Operative: You've done remarkable things, but you're fighting a war you've already lost.
    Mal: Yeah, well I'm known for that.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Up the next election, my citizens; always the next election.
    My only thought is a mixed metaphor:

Ed C. (think Japanese WWII soldier) coming out of the jungle on some remote island 20 years after the war has ended. . . . holding a visionary device in his hand called "Phoenix" that will allow Palm to rise from the ashes.

Too bad the title for this sitcom is already taken.

Fantasy Island.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    We await your report. It will be hard to beat the 650 but it is also hard to beat EVDO Rev A.

Since I have an iPhone, if you vouch for the the 755p, I might give it a try.

But the 755p is not going to save little David. He is road kill.
    I like the feel of the phone, it definitely feels and looks more modern than the 650 - getting rid of the antenna made a big difference there. To me it "feels" smaller, although physically it's basically the same. I think the taper has a lot to do with that. The grippy surface is nice.

The changed button layout SUCKS. Whoever decided to put the menu button at the bottom right of the phone should be taken out in the alley and severely mistreated. Move a perfectly useful button to a horrible location, then add a pointless duplicate (phone and send?) instead? Give me a break. Ludus P to the rescue - remapped phone to home and home to menu. MUCH MUCH better.

Some of the little changes are nice, for example the press and hold jumping rather than scrolling. makes navigating contacts, tasks, etc nicer.

EVDO Faster download == good thing. Lack of WIFI but that's the way it goes.

Performance seems to be about the same as the 650 - task switching, etc. 755 is maybe a _little_ faster but pretty dang close.

PalmOS may be an old dog, but it's a hell of a lot more reliable than either of the WM6 devices I tried proved themselves to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    My only thought is a mixed metaphor:

Ed C. (think Japanese WWII soldier) coming out of the jungle on some remote island 20 years after the war has ended. . . . holding a visionary device in his hand called "Phoenix" that will allow Palm to rise from the ashes.

Too bad the title for this sitcom is already taken.

Fantasy Island.
    LOL. I thought about "Lost" but I thinkthat is taken too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    I like the feel of the phone, it definitely feels and looks more modern than the 650 - getting rid of the antenna made a big difference there. To me it "feels" smaller, although physically it's basically the same. I think the taper has a lot to do with that. The grippy surface is nice.

The changed button layout SUCKS. Whoever decided to put the menu button at the bottom right of the phone should be taken out in the alley and severely mistreated. Move a perfectly useful button to a horrible location, then add a pointless duplicate (phone and send?) instead? Give me a break. Ludus P to the rescue - remapped phone to home and home to menu. MUCH MUCH better.

Some of the little changes are nice, for example the press and hold jumping rather than scrolling. makes navigating contacts, tasks, etc nicer.

EVDO Faster download == good thing. Lack of WIFI but that's the way it goes.

Performance seems to be about the same as the 650 - task switching, etc. 755 is maybe a _little_ faster but pretty dang close.

PalmOS may be an old dog, but it's a hell of a lot more reliable than either of the WM6 devices I tried proved themselves to be.
    Thanks for the report. When you get a chance, comment on backward compatibility to POS applications, storage, and browser.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123