1.    #1  
    I am thinking about getting my fiancee a new phone for Christmas, but don't think she wants something with as many features as a Treo. I would like something to Sync with Outlook, for phone numbers, appointments, and reminders. Is there any such phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    I am thinking about getting my fiancee a new phone for Christmas, but don't think she wants something with as many features as a Treo. I would like something to Sync with Outlook, for phone numbers, appointments, and reminders. Is there any such phone?
    Sounds like a Blackberry Pearl to me. My wife has one, and loves it. Syncs with outlook, she gets her email, and she hasn't added any other programs. Pretty simple to use too.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I will put it on the list. According to Verizon, most phones today offer the option to Sync with Outlook.
    You mentioned Verizon, so a Centro on Sprint is probably not an option for you. . . . . but you may want to factor the on going data charges by network and Blackberry into your decision.
    Sorry about a possible thread hijack, but I'm in the same situation with my wife. I'd like to get her a new phone for xmas and I'm down to the Centro and the Pearl on Sprint.

Could someone please explain the data package required by Sprint for BB service and what the BB service actually provides over, say, Versamail? Do you have to get the BB data plan to check email, say pop3, or do you have to use the BB service exclusively for email? Seeing that I carry the 755p I know exactly how to set-up the Centro for her (Outlook, email, web) but I've never considered a BB. She loves the Pearl form factor.

Again sorry for the possible hijack...
    BB is restricted, the one thing I don't like about it. You can't do anything like email or browsing unless you go through their servers, which means their plan, and they seem to be more money than regular data plans. You only need to have a regular data plan on Centro.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!