1.    #1  
    I know, I know, but before I go to extreme lengths to fix the left part of my brain, I would like to know, is there anyone out there who has washed a treo dried it out only to see the screen show up with the digits 0.18 at top left of screen showing red, green, blue, and white squares? What does this mean? phone has not shown any signs of life other than this screen.

What should I do, now???
    Have you tried a soft or hard reset?

I believe that screen is the boot loader.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lujanTreo View Post
    I know, I know, but before I go to extreme lengths to fix the left part of my brain, I would like to know, is there anyone out there who has washed a treo dried it out only to see the screen show up with the digits 0.18 at top left of screen showing red, green, blue, and white squares? What does this mean? phone has not shown any signs of life other than this screen.

What should I do, now???
    I got the same screen though not by the same method. I took my 700p back to Sprint and they gave me a new unit. They didn't even try to fix it.
  4.    #4  
    I found a reset button on phone, pressed it for a couple of seconds with no response, am I doing something wrong.
    Do a search for "hard reset" in these forums. Hopefully that will get you up & running.
    Riding the Tucson roads & trails
    I found a reset button on phone, pressed it for a couple of seconds with no response, am I doing something wrong.
    Press and hold the power button when you press the reset button. Don't let go of the power button until the Palm screen (I think the one with the orange Palm logo is the screen you wait for) has appeared.

Hopefully it gets to that point....

If when you remove your battery and you look at the little dot on the upper left corner of the battery compartment, if it is white and you cannot get the Treo recovered, then I'd try taking it to your carrier (provided that you purchased it through them, the Treo is under warranty or you have insurance on it). If it is pink, good luck...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  7. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

What should I do, now???
    When you say "washed a treo" do you mean on purpose or accident? Accident likely means you submersed it in water. If this is the case, the best thing you can do is remove the battery and let it dry out for a few days, then try powering it back up.

My guess is you probably fried your Treo.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    I have a question.

Is it even worth trying to fix a Treo that was in water for so long? Isn't it's life shortened anyway? If internal parts got wet for that long(short washing cycle is about 20-30 min., and the spin part is brutal also), I would think it's just about toast and even if it did work now, would die within months anyway.

Although I could be wrong. I'm just wondering if the Treo really is that durable.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I recovered a cell phone from the bottom of a swimming pool. It had been there for hours. We removed the battery and let it dry for a month (a lot longer than necessary... but what the heck).

After that, I put the cover back on, inserted the battery, and it came back to life.

I still use it as my backup phone.

So.... immersion in water is not always deadly to phones/pdas. The fact that you get to the boot loader screen is encouraging in itself.
    What phone was this?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    samsung sgh-c207... no touch screen.. but a nice little color screen and it gets better reception than any of my treos ever have.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    To suck the last bit of moisture out of a wet device ......... try 2 days sealed in a ziplock or Tupperware container with lots of uncooked instant rice or a bunch of those silica packets you find in packaging . . . .

This final drying method may cure the problem.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/05/2007 at 08:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Its not the water that kills electrical devices, its trying to power them up while they are still wet. I submerged 2 amps in my Jeep (don't ask...) and was able to salvage them by cutting power to them immediately and drying them out for a long time. Good luck!