Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have to say, that Palm Treos have done so much for me and my personal and business life, but I am moving on....
    Why Palm couldn't have changed the form factor, boggles my mind....
    The hardware hasnt changed in years.... Sure the 755 is slimmer, but not by much....
    Come on Palm!!!
    I had my first treo 600 and then upgraded as the hardware improved....
    I bought a ipod touch for my son, and although I really want to hate Apple products, I just can't.... It is in every way a superior product....
    I do love Palm OS, but it is getting stale....
    So, I've decided to sell my Treo 700p, and not upgrade to 755, as I intended to 2 months ago when I heard it may be coming to Verizon.....!!!!! That was 2 months ago!!!!!!!
    Ridiculous!!!!!!
    Sorry to rant, but the company is a dog....
    I even sold my Palm shares.....

Goodbye
    That's an emo post.
    Ba Bye
  4.    #4  
    really>>????
    you guys think im spamming for alpple or something???
    ive bought many palm products..... and did love palm..... but really!!!! the hardware cant compete now.....
    give me one good thing about palm????
    i love express....and love my sling player but......
    It's just that i don't think anyone really cares..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by musiccellar View Post
    really>>????
    you guys think im spamming for alpple or something???
    ive bought many palm products..... and did love palm..... but really!!!! the hardware cant compete now.....
    give me one good thing about palm????
    i love express....and love my sling player but......
    So the thread opener was the penultimate rather than the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by musiccellar View Post
    I have to say, that Palm Treos have done so much for me and my personal and business life, but I am moving on....
    Why Palm couldn't have changed the form factor, boggles my mind....
    The hardware hasnt changed in years.... Sure the 755 is slimmer, but not by much....
    Come on Palm!!!
    I had my first treo 600 and then upgraded as the hardware improved....
    I bought a ipod touch for my son, and although I really want to hate Apple products, I just can't.... It is in every way a superior product....
    I do love Palm OS, but it is getting stale....
    So, I've decided to sell my Treo 700p, and not upgrade to 755, as I intended to 2 months ago when I heard it may be coming to Verizon.....!!!!! That was 2 months ago!!!!!!!
    Ridiculous!!!!!!
    Sorry to rant, but the company is a dog....
    I even sold my Palm shares.....

Goodbye
    Last Post of your hard earned 17 posts the last 4 years...so much waisted.
    at&t iPhone3G
    We'll miss you.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I said the same thing back in September. Best decision I ever made.

oops...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's just that i don't think anyone really cares..lol

Nice sense of community support ya got there.
    Last edited by lifes2short; 12/03/2007 at 10:40 PM.
    Gotta agree somewhat. Palm OS is stale and their "design updates" really aren't.

I would like to see the Treo 800w though, and see if there are any real improvements besides just putting WM6 in it. I'd like to see a higher resolution or bigger screen, wifi, and a somewhat sleeker design. But this is Palm we're talking about so I don't know. They are adverse to real changes, it seems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    What does he expect everyone to do, beg him to stay with palm. He decided to leave, so be it. I'm a Nikon shooter and for some reason when someone decides to leave Nikon and go with Canon they find the need to announce it to the world. Same here, thread after thread people find the need to announce they've changed and left palm. Okay, announce it, but don't expect . . . what ever they expect on an internet forum thread. Leave and be happy.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    What does he expect everyone to do, beg him to stay with palm. [...]
    Yes, I think that's what's expected in most of these sorts of tantrums.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Interesting...

In my opinion, the posters like musiccellar that say g'bye, think it's a badge of courage or something akin to that by leaving Palm.

I think it's takes more courage to stay with a device and figure out what the user did to it that messed it up so badly. If a divice OS works, why change?

I guess I am suppose say, comeback musiccellar, comeback. I love you, Paalease don't leave.

Besides, posts like these get stale, more so than the device software.

Hey, just my opin....

Actually, in this particular case I think he's more frustrated that his carrier can't get their act together to release the 755P. He says he's converting to another device altogether (which I assume means a different carrier). But the fact is if VZW had their act together the 755 would have released (over 2 months ago) and I'll bet he would have bought it and been happy as a clam.

I personally think this has more to do with lack of hardware choices and not quite so much Palm. I say this because I was with VZW and grew incredibly frustrated with their inability to release the 755P, so I converted to Sprint. Was worried, but so far I'm happy.

Anyway, to the OP, sorry you are so frustrated but hope you find what it is you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Interesting...

In my opinion, the posters like musiccellar that say g'bye, think it's a badge of courage or something akin to that by leaving Palm.

I think it's takes more courage to stay with a device and figure out what the user did to it that messed it up so badly. If a divice OS works, why change?

I guess I am suppose say, comeback musiccellar, comeback. I love you, Paalease don't leave.

Besides, posts like these get stale, more so than the device software.

Hey, just my opin....

Your opin, just fine. However, if you've ever been a part of an adult tech forum which keeps the info moving, the agendas at bay, the sock-puppets eliminated, and serve the needs of all of its members, you'd have a better understanding of what I meant by 'community support'. Hey, just my opin.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Your opin, just fine. However, if you've ever been a part of an adult tech forum
    You're an adult? What are you doing here? Be careful you might be chatting with Date Line.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    If this is a supposed "discussion board", why can't people post their dissatisfaction with Palm without it's diehard fanpeople coming down hard on them? Maybe he is looking for a reaction, maybe he isn't. But no where in the rules does it say you can't complain(as long as you don't use abusive language or get out of hand, I'm assuming), does it?

Anyway, I do agree that Palm is losing it's luster and already lost it's dominance all over the place, looking at the other new phones. I wouldn't recommend an iPhone or Touch(didn't quite understand the comparison there, I hope he meant iPhone) over the Treo though, due to lack of good business apps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If this is a supposed "discussion board", why can't people post their dissatisfaction with Palm without it's diehard fanpeople coming down hard on them?
    Logically, if people have the freedom to post their dissatisfaction with Palm, others have the freedom to post their dissatisfaction with said dissatisfaction (or anything at all really).
    Maybe he is looking for a reaction, maybe he isn't.
    I think by virtue of registering and posting, we're all looking for a reaction of some sort.
    But no where in the rules does it say you can't complain(as long as you don't use abusive language or get out of hand, I'm assuming), does it?
    Agreed. No one I noticed was saying the OP should be banned or anything.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Logically, if people have the freedom to post their dissatisfaction with Palm, others have the freedom to post their dissatisfaction with said dissatisfaction (or anything at all really).

Yeah, but it sounds like some people are saying others shouldn't post their Treo complaints because no one wants to hear them looking for sympathy on a Treo board. So where else is he supposed to post Treo complaints? LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast