Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    He was just saying good bye, folks. 50% of the people come back..can MODS please close this thread now, before people start throwing their Treo's at each other
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    >>>>I have to say, that Palm Treos have done so much for me and my personal and business life, but I am moving on....
    Why Palm couldn't have changed the form factor, boggles my mind....
    The hardware hasnt changed in years.... Sure the 755 is slimmer, but not by much....
    Come on Palm!!!
    I had my first treo 600 and then upgraded as the hardware improved....
    I bought a ipod touch for my son, and although I really want to hate Apple products, I just can't.... It is in every way a superior product....
    I do love Palm OS, but it is getting stale....
    So, I've decided to sell my Treo 700p, and not upgrade to 755, as I intended to 2 months ago when I heard it may be coming to Verizon.....!!!!! That was 2 months ago!!!!!!!
    Ridiculous!!!!!!
    Sorry to rant, but the company is a dog....
    I even sold my Palm shares.....

Goodbye

really>>????
    you guys think im spamming for alpple or something???
    ive bought many palm products..... and did love palm..... but really!!!! the hardware cant compete now.....
    give me one good thing about palm????
    i love express....and love my sling player but......>>>>

I'm sorry. I said noone cares because he makes such a huge deal of saying goodbye without good reasons.

Is the palm 755p a huge upgrade over the 700p? No. But that's Verizon. Palm has made hardware changes with the Centro...much more noteworthy changes.

He claims the iphone (i assume..who the hell knows) is superior "in every way" but proclaims his love for slingbox.

Now sure, there's certainly good reasons to say...that's it..i've had enough ...bye bye..but i didn't hear much in that regard.

I suppose i just get tired of seeing people being so critical of palm when the thing probably does more than most even need in a smartphone. And really, it still does it easier, more efficiently, and faster than most competitors.

I honestly think it just boils down to things having a short life..no matter how good it functions. As good as the iphone looks now...don't change the OS at all for 5 years and i'm sure people will be tired of looking at it. No matter how good it is then compared to the competition.

We got supposed "power users" whining they can't multitask or use wi-fi in a palm and i think so what? What in the world do you need to multitask so badly on a phone for? The damn processor in most phones make that a crappy prospect anyways even if you could. I'm sure i'll get replies..but let's hear it. What about multitasking in WM saves you much time? Hell, i bet it took most a month just to learn the OS and another to tweak it.

Wifi? Bleah.. I'm sick of it. I'm never in a spot where it would actually be worth having anyway..(that i'm using the Centro in that way).

"i'm so sick of looking at those palm icons..why can't they change it' Then change them and stfu. There's UI apps out there. Personally, i don't have a problem. It's an icon. Get over it. Apple's phone is full of them..but they're prettier icons i guess. I don't know..

I'm sure some geek treo hater will get on here and start saying "no wait a min, i'm a power user...i have to do these 5 things at once such as watching slingbox, typing an email, snapping a pic, and do it all at once" You *****. You're not a power user. You're stupid. Calm the heck down.

Wahhhh...but..but the iphone has this cool widescreen that you can swipe to death with my sweaty fingers. I want that. Wahhhh. Then buy a freaking iphone and swipe at it.

"palm is so stale..i can't stand it" Wahhh...wahhh.. I'm a gonna leave palm and buy something that looks better but has less features. Take that palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    No problem with anyones frustration to rant. I just want to know if it merits thread space to be heard. There is too many of these threads. Just do a search and pick any one of many to express frustration.
    Who determines merit and who has a right to rant more than another? What do the Mods say, since they haven't deleted or merged the thread yet?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I didn't call his post cruel.
    I misread your post the first time. Sorry about that.

I think he meant goodbye "mediocre" Palm, not goodbye "cruel" Palm.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sorry about my rant..lol Looks silly now..
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Sorry about my rant..lol Looks silly now..
    I dont think its silly, I think its hilarious. That's why I love this site. We have a huge collection of great people to chat with. Part of me loves the wide range of insights that come threw in the diverse array of personalities on this site. Lady T with her level headed fairness, you with your colorful perspective making valid points in a way that is not boring to read. This has always been a slightly unprofessional site and that is why it is a busy site.

In response to your post you poked fun at users who wish to multitask. The ability of my PPC to multitask is a very nice convenience. I never have to wait for a web page to reload in Pocket Internet Explorer. If I am browsing a page and need to switch to another application or need to lock the screen and handle the next issue flying at me in the ER then I can do so knowing that when I reopen the browser the page will be right there ready to go. With palmOS you cant do that. With palmOS you have to sit there and wait, wait, wait. With multitasking you can open several different pages and you can bounce around from one to the other while the next page you need is loading in the back ground. Also if I need to pause from an app and do something else I know that the minimized app will be there waiting in the exact spot I left it. So If I am in a word file on the second paragraph in the 4th page with my cursor blinking ready to edit and then I think of something I need to stick in my shopping list in list pro and then a Dr. asks me to give er3 fentanyl, I can shut off the screen and complete a task then get back into both apps exactly where I left off.

So the gist is that WM users never have to spend time getting back into where they left off. Its not that we can do 10 things at once. I have 1 hand and 1 brain working on 1 open screen the same as a palmOS users, the difference is that when I go back to what I was doing in another application I can do so as if I had never left it.

This is why I went for the Treo 750. I got an OS I liked in a great form factor. But the whole time I had it I had to struggle with the lack of internal memory. This is where I really side with the OP. Palm limiting the budget on hardware is frustrating. I know most users do not use all the given amount of memory so I see Palms rationale for using a small amount. They save money because most users do not have 40 programs that they cant live without. I run into a lot of medical professionals with PDA phones and almost all have less than 5 extra programs. I dont think palm is short changing the device. I think they are targeting a different crowd than PDA junkies like the tiny, selective crowd that wants to push a PDA phone to its limits.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 12/07/2007 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Who determines merit and who has a right to rant more than another? What do the Mods say, since they haven't deleted or merged the thread yet?
    Nothing determines merit. This horse can't be beat anymore...its dead. Everyone knows of Palms falling short. Redundant vent threads is no new news and not inmformative after a while and a waiste IMHO. Since one is tired of Palm, they defend these posts...they love to be the receiving audience in the bashing of Palm.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Who determines merit and who has a right to rant more than another?
    IMO, no one has any more or less rights to rant. OTOH, if one is going to rant, then one should be willing to put up with the consequences, whether those be sympathy, ridicule, whatever ... based upon how others weigh the import of their rant.
    I misread your post the first time. Sorry about that.
    Not a problem.
    I think he meant goodbye "mediocre" Palm, not goodbye "cruel" Palm.
    Whether he thought Palm was cruel or mediocre really wasn't my point. It was that these sorts of posts come off to me like many suicide attempts with "Goodbye cruel world" notes. They really don't want to go, but are seeking attention. When one really wants to go, they just go.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    In order to get attention of this forum, one must do a "will it blend" on his Treo to show his will to leave.
    Whether he thought Palm was cruel or mediocre really wasn't my point. It was that these sorts of posts come off to me like many suicide attempts with "Goodbye cruel world" notes. They really don't want to go, but are seeking attention. When one really wants to go, they just go.
    Good point.

ET

You are now being insensitive!! Suicide is a completely different subject altogether and you should know when someone says they want to kill themselves, they will probably end up doing so in the future if they don't receive any help.

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Nothing determines merit. This horse can't be beat anymore...its dead. Everyone knows of Palms falling short. Redundant vent threads is no new news and not inmformative after a while and a waiste IMHO. Since one is tired of Palm, they defend these posts...they love to be the receiving audience in the bashing of Palm.
    Since the Mods never deleted or locked the thread, I guess they don't see it that way.

And there are a few here who still think Palm's going to pull out a big one soon. How long before the 800 is out? That will be a defining device IMO.

You are now being insensitive!!
    I think you're being too sensitive.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123