Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Yes, I think that's what's expected in most of these sorts of tantrums.
    You guys are like an insane cult. Why don't you just ignore it if it's such a infantile tantrum? Same thing happened 3 years ago when some of us saw where Palm was going back then and everyone started attacking each other instead of thinking about their phones, which is what this site is about.

I thought the OP was a fairly honest messsage - I've been a very loyal Palm customer but they're not keeping up with everyone else, especially Apple, and so it looks like I also need to move on. Posts like these are important in that they document what the community that cares about the products and the company thinks. If I'm a person that needs to know what people are saying out there, I will come here, and see posts like these, and realize that there is obviously something wrong.

If more people put personal attacks and their own fanatism aside and instead voiced their opinion honestly, chances are Palm would actually still be a relevant company making contemporary products.
    What amused me was his grandiose thread to make that his LAST post, as if he had been a big contributer here.

He had posted only 16 times before....

So, really, why should anyone care?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Yes, why would anyone care? Just another one Bites The Dust. We need a section for people who are moving on, so people don't have to read the post's if they don't care
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Why would anyone care? How about: YOU DON'T HAVE TO CARE, but it's amazing how many seem to think he had no right to post just because they don't want to read it. I don't care about a lot of posts on here either, so I just dont read them or get out of the thread if I don't like it!! He wasn't spamming or anything, just blowing off a little steam.

As for him not having a lot of posts, maybe he was a frequent lurker/reader. He's still a board member in any case. So you can't post frustrations just because you don't have 1000 posts or something?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If he was a lurker and is leaving ... no one is affected (and no one cares).

If he has posted only 16 times and is leaving .. no one is affected (and no one cares).

Of course people vent and complain. But for someone to make a big deal about it being his last post .. when he has not contributed to the BBS .. that's the part I don't understand.

Like I said (tongue in cheek)... We'll miss him.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Palm will miss them too..Good Luck, see you when you come back
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I agree with Diva on all counts. None of you care, but all took the time to read.... imagine that!

And to all you veterans, you've been around here long enough to know BEFOREHAND which post to actually click on....anything that starts with, "This is my last post," is usually from someone frustrated.

Damn! I'd like to know who died and made each of you gods!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Scandalex, how ya doing??? Long time no see... R u still treo'ing???

I sympathize with the OP. Im not here much either because I ebayed my treo 750 a few months ago. I miss it. There's just something about a treo,,,, I love them!!! But the lure of 150 megs of ROM for my programs, 90 megs of free RAM, GPS and WiFi!!!!!! Even though I love Treo the OP is part of a trend. There a numerous devices out now that have WOW features..... And treo is falling behind. But of course we've had this discussion a million times and were tired of discussing it. But again I fell the OPs pain. I cant wait until Treo jumps on the high end wagon. I'd hate to see them hanging around targeting a less sophisticated crowd.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    This won't be my last post but I have also "moved on" to a BB Curve. However, if/when Palm comes up with a device that beats the Curve I will be back. There is a lot to like about the Curve but I still prefer the Palm OS & UI. Hopefully Palm will get their collective stuff together and come up with another new and amazing device like the Treo.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    I agree with Diva on all counts. None of you care, but all took the time to read.... imagine that!

And to all you veterans, you've been around here long enough to know BEFOREHAND which post to actually click on....anything that starts with, "This is my last post," is usually from someone frustrated.

IMHO I don't care if you leave Palm. Frustration and a threat of making your last post is a waiste of thread space...especially with meek contributions to this site. Leaving Palm doesn't mean you still can't be a part of the forum. I might leave Palm too but I will still be a part of TC...this site is informative and who knows, if I leave Palm I might be back. Never say never.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I would like to announce that I am no longer going to eat fattening foods. I'm through. I've given fattening foods enough time but they keep damaging my body. Please don't waste your time reading this post or trying to talk me to keep eating them. I tell you I'M THROUGH.

ET
    I hope everything works out for you. America has a problem with obesity.
    at&t iPhone3G
    To quote a line in the crow....

"Musicians"
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yeah, but it sounds like some people are saying others shouldn't post their Treo complaints because no one wants to hear them looking for sympathy on a Treo board. So where else is he supposed to post Treo complaints? LOL!
    I don't think that anyone in this case is saying that one shouldn't post complaints. The OP was not posting a complaint per se. They were posting a goodbye cruel Palm rant.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    You guys are like an insane cult.
    Is this the sort of insane cult where we all drink kool-aid, or where we all mutilate our privates? I maybe could go for an Apple type kool-aid cult, but I'm not into the harder stuff. No sir.
    Why don't you just ignore it if it's such a infantile tantrum?
    Like you're ignoring the 'insane cult'?
    Same thing happened 3 years ago when some of us saw where Palm was going back then and everyone started attacking each other instead of thinking about their phones, which is what this site is about.
    The same thing has been happening for longer than that. If I had a dime for everybody that ever told off a tech forum on the internet in an "I'm leaving!!!!!1!!ONE!!" post, well, that'd be a lot of dimes.
    I thought the OP was a fairly honest messsage
    Well, except for the part about it being his last post.
    - I've been a very loyal Palm customer but they're not keeping up with everyone else, especially Apple, and so it looks like I also need to move on.
    I've not been a very loyal Palm customer. I've bought devices based on what I needed at the time. If Apple came out with a 200GB iPhone that ran useful third party apps, I'd probably buy one for a reasonable price. Does that mean I'm out of the cult?
    Posts like these are important in that they document what the community that cares about the products and the company thinks. If I'm a person that needs to know what people are saying out there, I will come here, and see posts like these, and realize that there is obviously something wrong.
    I suppose that depends on how many of these forums they've dealt with, I suppose. These sort of things aren't specific to Palm. AAMOF, if one actually read the OP's complaints, they're really more the carrier's issues than Palm's directly.
    If more people put personal attacks and their own fanatism aside and instead voiced their opinion honestly, chances are Palm would actually still be a relevant company making contemporary products.
    If people actually complained in a reasonable manner seeking solutions instead of sympathy, they'd probably find others more receptive to their plight.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex View Post
    Just for the record, I never said I didn't care.
    Yes, and also it's rarely really their last post.
    "Ray. If someone asks if you're a God, you say 'Yes!'"
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I don't think that anyone in this case is saying that one shouldn't post complaints. The OP was not posting a complaint per se. They were posting a goodbye cruel Palm rant.
    There was nothing cruel about his post. Come on, even if you're a die hard Palm fan, you can't call that post cruel. All he really posted was HIS frustrations with lack of design and OS changes, and that he just decided to sell his stock because it looks like Palm may not be going anywhere in HIS view. That's not cruel. I think he was just venting.

Cruel is wishing the Palm board dead or something like that. Now that I could see people complaining about.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    There was nothing cruel about his post. Come on, even if you're a die hard Palm fan, you can't call that post cruel. All he really posted was HIS frustrations with lack of design and OS changes, and that he just decided to sell his stock because it looks like Palm may not be going anywhere in HIS view. That's not cruel. I think he was just venting.

Cruel is wishing the Palm board dead or something like that. Now that I could see people complaining about.
    No problem with anyones frustration to rant. I just want to know if it merits thread space to be heard. There is too many of these threads. Just do a search and pick any one of many to express frustration.
    at&t iPhone3G
    There was nothing cruel about his post. Come on, even if you're a die hard Palm fan, you can't call that post cruel.
    I didn't call his post cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    If he was a lurker and is leaving ... no one is affected (and no one cares).

If he has posted only 16 times and is leaving .. no one is affected (and no one cares).

Of course people vent and complain. But for someone to make a big deal about it being his last post .. when he has not contributed to the BBS .. that's the part I don't understand.

Like I said (tongue in cheek)... We'll miss him.
    Some may be effected when an old-timer with thousands of posts dating back to the Handspring POS days leaves. Many more would not be effected.

Some may be effected when a relatively newcomer with thousands of posts leaves, who began here when the 700W WM-version was introduced. Many more would not be efected.

Any loss of membership is a loss to the community, if community is the primary value, is it not?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast