Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    I see Target has Delorme Street Atlas USA 2008 on sale for $29.99.

    It includes the Palm app to give you a real time moving map with pointer of where you are at. It is not as robust as TomTom or Garmin I suppose but it is way cheaper too.

    The main Street Atlas program works pretty good on Windows PC's / laptops.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  2. #2  
    A friend of mine gave me the 2005 (2006?) version. It works fine, especially considering the price. The version I have doesn't do voice prompts, but otherwise seems capable... and works nicely with my Freedom Mini keychain GPS.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  3. #3  
    I used to use that before I found Earthcomber a few years ago.. Not bad.. Created routes on the computer and could follow 'em on the Palm. No GPS at the time.
  4. #4  
    dont know about Delorme Street Atlas USA 2008, but i had a few older verisons and the maps were off whne in some neighborhoods.

    if i was on the highways or main streets it worked fine but i go to my front yard it shows me in the empty field down the street from me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stamason View Post
    dont know about Delorme Street Atlas USA 2008, but i had a few older verisons and the maps were off whne in some neighborhoods.

    if i was on the highways or main streets it worked fine but i go to my front yard it shows me in the empty field down the street from me.

    I am using SA 2007 and have not seen any problems like that. The maps appear to be up to date for places I have been in. I recently took trips to / from southern IL up through Wisconsin and the U.P. and found no problems.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  6. azjerry's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #6  
    Only thing I see on their web site today is SA 2008 Plus for PC at $59.99
    Last edited by azjerry; 11/30/2007 at 05:16 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by azjerry View Post
    Only thing I see on their web site today is SA 2008 Plus for PC at $59.99

    Notice I said I saw it on sale at "Target".
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  8. IRJ
    IRJ is offline
    IRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    #8  
    I wass thru a Target today and they had no stock!

    It is for sale at delorme's site for $39.95 though.
  9. azjerry's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #9  
    For some reason I thought only the Plus version supported Palm OS. I see now that the non-Plus version also supports that. And I see that Fry's Electronics has the non-Plus for $10 after all rebates. I think I'm going shopping. Then all I have to do is find a good deal on a bluetooth GPS.
  10.    #10  
    The Holux M1200 Bluetooth GPS receiver works good with Delorme Street Atlas and is reasonbly priced on ebay.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  11. IRJ
    IRJ is offline
    IRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    #11  
    Anyone tried Earthcomber?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by IRJ View Post
    Anyone tried Earthcomber?
    Earthcomber works very well in my opinion, but there's no guided directions, just basically textual. No overlays, no voice guides, etc.

    Good thing about Earthcomber is it can download maps over the air from anywhere. Say you take a flight to a place you've never been, Earthcomber can have the maps and point of interest data in minutes.
  13.    #13  
    I'm about ready to give up on TomTom. It is so stinking slooooooow that it
    is nearly unuseable. I can hardly ever get it to connect to the Holux M1200 GPS.

    The Palm app in Delorme Street Atlas way outperforms TomTom hands down in moving the map pointer in real time on the map of where I am driving.
    SA 2007 always every time connects to the Holux M1200 GPS.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  14. McTreo's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #14  
    Fry's has Street Atlas USA 2008 for $29.99 and has up to two $10 rebates. First rebate is for anyone. The second is for people upgrading for privious versions. At this price, I decided to give it a try.

    McTreo
    Last edited by McTreo; 12/03/2007 at 01:50 PM.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

    BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
  15. azjerry's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    Fry's has Street Atlas USA 2008 for $29.99 and has up to two $10 rebate. First rebate is for anyone. The second is for people upgrading for privious versions. At this price, I decided to give it a try.

    McTreo
    Actually it's not previous versions, it's competing versions. I was hoping that I could use my SA 2006 but am out of luck on that. But the Holux M1200 I just bought on eBay comes with a demo of Smart2Go. Hopefully I can use that for the rebate.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by azjerry View Post
    Actually it's not previous versions, it's competing versions. I was hoping that I could use my SA 2006 but am out of luck on that. But the Holux M1200 I just bought on eBay comes with a demo of Smart2Go. Hopefully I can use that for the rebate.

    Smart2Go that comes with the Holux M1200 does not have any Palm app that I could find with it but it might work for the rebate.
    Sprint
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  17. McTreo's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #17  
    azjerry,

    You're right of course! Thanks for the Smart2Go suggestion. I received it with my M1000! Street Atlas for $10.00!!!!
    Last edited by McTreo; 12/03/2007 at 01:30 PM.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

    BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltlt View Post
    I'm about ready to give up on TomTom. It is so stinking slooooooow that it
    is nearly unuseable. I can hardly ever get it to connect to the Holux M1200 GPS.

    The Palm app in Delorme Street Atlas way outperforms TomTom hands down in moving the map pointer in real time on the map of where I am driving.
    SA 2007 always every time connects to the Holux M1200 GPS.
    I doubt new software will help, it works great for most people.
  19. #19  
    The links for the PDF rebate forms on Fry's are no longer functional? I'm tempted to just run to Target.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  20. McTreo's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #20  
    If you have a Fry's close by, they printed the rebate forms for me at the store.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

    BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions