Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    blueapple.mobi

not sure if any of you heard of this but it is a mobile site which let's you search many video sites & gives you full results. the videos play in the Kinoma free version that comes with Treo. this find is awesome!
    What is the full url for this?
    And I wasn't aware that there was a free version of Kinoma on any treos. I have a 680. Is there anyway to get that?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    And I wasn't aware that there was a free version of Kinoma on any treos. I have a 680. Is there anyway to get that?
    I don't know about the 680 but on the 700 it came installed. You can't launch it on your own, it launches when it's needed.

The upgraded pay version, you can launch it at will.

As far as the full URL, you're kidding right?
    Haha...I tried to watch a video and it reset my Treo. That may be a statement more on my Treo than the site or video in question though...
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    go to that web page (www.blueapple.mobi), search for any video and stream it. you will see that a player will open. That is the free kinoma that comes with any 680.

edit: thank you treoneo for the link
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    blueapple.mobi

not sure if any of you heard of this but it is a mobile site which let's you search many video sites & gives you full results. the videos play in the Kinoma free version that comes with Treo. this find is awesome!
    Agreed, this is a great find. Thanks, treoneo!
    So far this sucks. Everything I've tried to stream gets a timeout error.
    I tried view full video and my Treo reset.
    I downloaded a video and was able to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    go to that web page (www.blueapple.mobi), search for any video and stream it. you will see that a player will open. That is the free kinoma that comes with any 680.

edit: thank you treoneo for the link
    Wow. It works! I had no idea there was even a free kinoma player in the 680! And I installed a stripped down custom rom too!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Well on my 680 it starts to buffer and after a minute it closes the connection.
    Actually I only get about 45 seconds into any clip until I get a "408 - Request Timeout." Is this a provider issue (I'm with T-Mobile). Does that mean I wouldn't get this error with
    the full Kinoma player?
  12.    #12  
    unless you are on verizon or sprint, your data connection may be too slow. hence the error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    unless you are on verizon or sprint, your data connection may be too slow. hence the error message.
    Treoneo...I love you. Man I was looking for a solution for youtube for so long. Thanks a lot.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Works like a charm. Awesome!
    Every time I try it, it tries to play, and then resets the Treo. Obviously, it doesn't work on my 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Every time I try it, it tries to play, and then resets the Treo. Obviously, it doesn't work on my 680.
    This might be a software conflict. It works on my 680, but as I said, after about 45 seconds it stops streaming. But the Treo doesn't freeze or reset. I was told that this is just a limit of the Data support on TMobile.

Incidentally, It does work for me if you save to card rather than stream. But then I have to playback through the Media interface, which doesn't resize the image. Does anybody know how to launch the built in Kinoma player by itself?
    Does anybody know how to launch the built in Kinoma player by itself?
    Buy the full version.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Buy the full version.
    Thanks but you didn't really answer my question. I've always resisted this in protest that they don't have a trial. I had gotten along quite well with PTunes and TCPMP until now. And being that I am stuck with TMObile and their crippled GPRS, there wasn't much call for streaming functionality.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have the Sprint Treo 700p with the Kinoma upgraded version it will also reset my Treo if I press "play video" but if I click "streaming" it will play fine no reset. I agree it must be a software glich on Kinoma's side I will go on their forum and report this.
    The only way to launch Kimona separately is to buy the non stripped down version. Unfortunately the reason for no trial is that the codec for one of the formats precludes being allowed to doing a trial. Its in the licensing agreement that they have to use. I'm sure they would consider a refund if it is not working on your system.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast