Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Phoenix shall rise from the ashes when POS II is born end of next year. Well I'm an optimist anyway and I shall be happy and content with my Treo 680 till then
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    We get it, Palm is dead. Now riddle me this, why do we have to see the same thread on this forum every week?
    Well, its not the same person each week, so it must be a bit like radio-active decay - the realization hit people at random times but at a statistically steady rate

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    POS is dying a slow, but sure, death
    And so are we all. Everyone on the planet. Such is the nature of life. The important thing is to make the best of it while you can. So I say enjoy your POS and make the best of it in the time that has been afforded you, and be thankful to those who have been a part of it. I know I am.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    POS not dead yet.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Garnet is dated, stale and seriously behind the times.

Any real info as to when the new platform is coming(if at all), instead of speculation? Then we can know if Palm OS is really dead or not. If there's going to be nothing new for yet ANOTHER year, then I'd say yes. Palm will have lost almost all their footing if they don't get something out before 2009, because therre are just too many other competent phones. Once they started putting the Palm OS on their cheaper phones(680, Centro), it does make me wonder where it's going.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Garnet is dated, stale and seriously behind the times.

Any real info as to when the new platform is coming(if at all), instead of speculation? Then we can know if Palm OS is really dead or not. If there's going to be nothing new for yet ANOTHER year, then I'd say yes. Palm will have lost almost all their footing if they don't get something out before 2009, because therre are just too many other competent phones. Once they started putting the Palm OS on their cheaper phones(680, Centro), it does make me wonder where it's going.
    Garnet being dated, stale and seriously behind has nothing to do with the fact it doesn't mean POS is dead...the latter statement maybe, but not dead.
    Palm dropped the Foolio and maintained they would focus on the new POS plattform and I believe they are and will release it before the forecasted date. I am sticking with POS until the end and if there is an end...Blackberry here I come. I used WM devices and have no problem with the extra capabilities...Yet I am definitely capable of handling its UI with no problem, I don't like it at all. Windows works for me at work and home, but my Smartphone is where I draw the line. The extent that I vs. others utilize their devices makes a diference and I can understand ones need for WM's capablities, so I am not knocking WM...I am just doing quite well with O'l Garnet until Palm/Linux.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I meant that it will be dead if they do not hurry and show something of the new platform SOON. Many people are NOT waiting for Palm OS to renew itself, they've moved to other phones. Or they buy WM Treos. Palm itself won't die as long as it keeps selling Windows, I guess, but it's own OS is slipping in main usage and has been for the last 2 years. Blackberries and WM look like they're taking over in the US, and Palm OS never was super popular overseas.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I meant that it will be dead if they do not hurry and show something of the new platform SOON. Many people are NOT waiting for Palm OS to renew itself, they've moved to other phones. Or they buy WM Treos. Palm itself won't die as long as it keeps selling Windows, I guess, but it's own OS is slipping in main usage and has been for the last 2 years. Blackberries and WM look like they're taking over in the US, and Palm OS never was super popular overseas.
    Phone Diva is correct. Palm needs to show some "muscle" soon. It would be interesting to see how the comments have dropped on the forums. I know that I have posted very few comments the last couple of months. I wish Palm would "stir" the fire again and come forward with some tidbits for us to digest. 2009 is a long time to wait; we should have the google phone by the end of next summer and that one company in Israel has indicated they are going to come out with a Access phone (from Brighthand sources)
    If palm is going to be dead.
    I will buy 10 stocks of treo 680 to support me for the next 30 years or so

Hahaha
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12