1.    #1  
    how do i get protected itunes songs into mp3 format so i can transfer them to a sd card and listen to them via kinoma?
    First . . . create a playlist for the protected songs you want to use. Burn them to a CD . . . and then rip that CD back to your computer. This removes the protection from the songs.

Next . . . use iTunes to convert those songs to mp3's . . . and they are ready to transfer.
    Or, just rip them back to iTunes as mp3's!!

You can change the file type in the preferences in iTunes to what ever you choose to use. Save a step!
    Using iTunes you can only convert songs to mp3 that were not purchased through iTunes. Itunes bought songs still won't play on your device.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    That is why you burn the purchased songs to a CD . . . and rip back to your computer. When you rip the song back to the computer . . . the ripped song has NO protection.
    There are programs that will do this to save you the need to burn and then rip. I tried Sound Taxi and it worked fine.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    There are programs that will do this to save you the need to burn and then rip. I tried Sound Taxi and it worked fine.
    Wow. I never new this program existed. Thanx, this makes my treo 750 the only gadget in my pockets now.