View Poll Results: How many addressbook entries do you have?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 50

0 0%
  • 51 - 100

2 6.90%
  • 101 - 200

3 10.34%
  • 201 - 300

3 10.34%
  • 301 - 500

3 10.34%
  • 501 - 1000

14 48.28%
  • 1001 - 2000

3 10.34%
  • > 2001

1 3.45%
  1.    #1  
    Hello all...

This is a personal poll to figure out how many entries you have in your Treo/ Centro addressbook. This will help me develop Treobble (freeware, though I'd appreciate some donations ;-).

I've provided for approximately 300 addressbook entries, but would like to know what the average/ max./ min. figures are. Why this is important is because of some memory limitations that I'm running into. My own addressbook has 157 entries, which I gather is lower than average.

You can find discussions about Treobble in the "Palm OS Apps" section of T|C here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156718

The Treobble homepage: http://www.swCP3.com/Treobble/Treobble_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    Game over!
    I usually have between 350 to 400, and sync with Outlook. One thing to be aware of is that a lot of users (like me) store some fairly lengthy information in the note field. These can be documents or special information.

Dan
  3.    #3  
    Thanks danclem... fortunately, Treobble does not have to handle contacts notes, that, like you pointed out, could be lengthy in some cases. Treobble currently handles upto 3000 addresbook entries, though reading all of them into memory can be time-consuming (several 10's of seconds).
    Quote Originally Posted by danclem View Post
    I usually have between 350 to 400, and sync with Outlook. One thing to be aware of is that a lot of users (like me) store some fairly lengthy information in the note field. These can be documents or special information.

Dan
    I am exactly like you. I keep a lot of sales rep information in my contacts list.
    People ask me why do you have so many numbers in a phone, well when you need a number, its right there.
    I know I use a Q now, but my contacts haven't grown significantly since switching from the 650 2 months ago.