1.    #1  
    Bill Warman has, what appears to me, to be a dubious claim, (a patent), to "ALL" screen protectors. But he's buffaloed eBay and has been getting listings removed for years, and has been strong-arming people into buying a license, from him, to sell screen protectors.

Some people have noted that he hasn't actually gone after competing companies (in court) who ignore his "claim". (While making a guess that Bill Warman knows his claim won't hold up.)

Apparently he ran one too many sellers off of eBay. Finally one -- "Protech Invisible Protection and John C. Burdick" -- has forced the issue. On November 13, 2007 they filed lawsuit against William J. Warman and VS Protective Shield, in the Utah District Court -- Judge Ted Stewart.

----
    Plaintiffs: Protech Invisible Protection and John C. Burdick
    Defendants: William J. Warman and VS Protective Shield

Case Number: 2:2007cv00877
    Filed: November 13, 2007

Court: Utah District Court
    Office: Central Office
    County: Salt Lake
    Presiding Judge: Judge Ted Stewart

Nature of Suit: Intellectual Property - Patent
    Cause: 35:0145 Patent Infringement
    Jurisdiction: Federal Question
    Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff
    ----

<a href="http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-utdce/case_no-2:2007cv00877/case_id-63986/">Information here</a>
    Many moons ago, there was a huge thread at VisorCentral where he tried to claim a patent on screen protectors for any electronic devices. A whole bunch of us challenged him, gave instructions for do-it-yourself screen protectors, basically told him to jump in a lake, etc. It was pretty entertaining.

I'd suggest anyone on eBay should also tell him to jump in a lake.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  3.    #3  
    The problem is, eBay caves in. They listen to Bill Warman and prohibit and or remove listings from anyone who doesn't pay Bill Warman's "company" a license fee to "resell" screen protectors.

eBay always takes the path of least resistance, no matter how unfair it is.

And with something like screen protectors, that's a major outlet that gets denied to resellers.
    I've been thinking....

How about if I sell pieces of Saran Wrap to double as a skin and screen protector.

Do you think it will get under Bill's skin?

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Do you think it will get under Bill's skin?
    Based on what I've seen in the past, yup!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    Many moons ago, there was a huge thread at VisorCentral where he tried to claim a patent on screen protectors for any electronic devices. A whole bunch of us challenged him, gave instructions for do-it-yourself screen protectors, basically told him to jump in a lake, etc. It was pretty entertaining.

I'd suggest anyone on eBay should also tell him to jump in a lake.
    Wow. Just wow. I can't believe that kook is still out there.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Yeah! Fellowes is still selling screen protectors as is Brando, I'm sure other companies are too, and I doubt any of 'em pay Warhead any royalties or whatever.

Maybe somebody should start selling small bottles of olive oil, and list "PDA screen protector" among the uses. If eBay pulls that, there's something seriously wrong with eBay.
    -Shrek
    a blast from the past.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farkas McDee View Post
    The problem is, eBay caves in. They listen to Bill Warman and prohibit and or remove listings from anyone who doesn't pay Bill Warman's "company" a license fee to "resell" screen protectors.

eBay always takes the path of least resistance, no matter how unfair it is.

And with something like screen protectors, that's a major outlet that gets denied to resellers.

eBay is that believing?? Where's the proof that this guy has a patent?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    He has a patent for a screen protector meant for fish finders. That's it.
    -Shrek
    [QUOTE=Farkas McDee;1378288]The problem is, eBay caves in. They listen to Bill Warman and prohibit and or remove listings from anyone who doesn't pay Bill Warman's "company" a license fee to "resell" screen protectors."

EBay is doing the correct thing. EBay is honoring the Constitution of the United States by honoring the valid patent issued by our government.

Quote Originally Posted by Inventorb View Post
    EBay is doing the correct thing. EBay is honoring the Constitution of the United States by honoring the valid patent issued by our government.
    Yeah, yeah... we've all been warned. Now before this gets out of hand like it did every other time you posted here, I'm closing this thread.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...