1.    #1  
    I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get audio to play to my bluetooth headset if it is not a2dp.

IOW, I want to listen to a book on my Centro, I place my bluetooth device in my ear, and audio plays through that device.

I have an older device I'm using now and it definitely doesn't work with that, but I wondered if it might work with newer bluetooths. Since it's a single ear unit, it sounds like Softick would not work for my situation.

Anyone know if I'll be able to do this, and how?
    Last edited by French; 11/09/2007 at 02:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I wondered if it might work with newer bluetooths. Since it's a single ear unit, it sounds like Softick would not work for my situation.

Anyone know if I'll be able to do this, and how?
    The only way I know of is through Softick's audio gateway software. If you're buying a newer bluetooth anyway, get a compliant device.
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    This isn't what I was going for. I was going for a single, mono bluetooth device and having it play music through that. I'm not an audiophile and if I'm going to listen to music at work I want something discreet. None of the stereo bluetooth headphones or earbuds available today are discreet.

Very frustrating.
    French, I know your pain and I have a solution. Here's what you want. Buy Softtick and get a set of Jabra BT8010 headphones. Ditch the 2nd earbud (it just unplugs) and use the single earbud to stream both calls and music. It works with my Centro like a dream. I can even hit a button on the headset and pause-unpause the audio.

I just finished listening to the audio book version of Atlas Shrugged (downloaded it wireless OTA from Audible.com), which is nearly 40 hours or so of listening, during random snatches on my day. I would pull the single-bud jabra out of my shirt pocket, snag it on my ear and hit the button. The audio book would unpause and play until I would hit the button again to pause it, unhook it and drop it in my shirt pocket. Very cool.
  5.    #5  
    gadgetpro: Thank you. I just took a peak at those and they look big! Are they as big as they look online?

Also, when using the mono solution, will I be using the unit with or without a cord attached? In other words, will there be a cord dangling from it?

Well I just figured it out. In Mono mode it does not have a cord. I'm assuming that same mini usb is where it charges, too.

Oh, is it reversible...can the right ear piece be configured to work on the left ear?
    Last edited by French; 11/09/2007 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    This isn't what I was going for. I was going for a single, mono bluetooth device and having it play music through that. I'm not an audiophile and if I'm going to listen to music at work I want something discreet. None of the stereo bluetooth headphones or earbuds available today are discreet.

Very frustrating.
    you can get a stand-alone bluetooth receiver such as Globalsat's BTH-820, and then you can plug in whatever headset that you wish.
  7.    #7  
    I found another possible solution...the Plantronics Voyager 855. It looks to be less bulky than the Jabra convertible solution. Looks like it will be available November 15th.