Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I absolutely HATE Palms proprietary connector (I know theres a name for it I just can think of it)

    I HATE IT HATE HATE HATE it.

    Palm PLEASE switch to mini usb soon?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  2. #2  
    Feel better?



    I had to do the Q-Tip, slightly damp with rubbing alcohol, thing last week to get my PC to "recognize" the "unknown" USB device.

    I wonder what people do that don't read this forum?
  3. #3  
    If Palm switched to mini-USB that we would lose Audio in/out and have to revert to using the flimsy 2.5mm jack.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    If Palm switched to mini-USB that we would lose Audio in/out and have to revert to using the flimsy 2.5mm jack.
    Fair enough..

    They need to redesign it whatever they do.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Feel better?



    I had to do the Q-Tip, slightly damp with rubbing alcohol, thing last week to get my PC to "recognize" the "unknown" USB device.

    I wonder what people do that don't read this forum?
    Perry I dont run into that issue much but what does happen to me is it will disconnect for no reason. Or if my dog walks by and disturbs the air around the unit it will loose connection.

    So freakin fragile the connection.

    HATE it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I absolutely HATE Palms proprietary connector (I know theres a name for it I just can think of it)

    I HATE IT HATE HATE HATE it.

    Palm PLEASE switch to mini usb soon?!?!?!?!?!?!

    Isn't called an Athena connector?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Isn't called an Athena connector?
    Yep I believe youre right!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  8. adz1966's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    If Palm switched to mini-USB that we would lose Audio in/out and have to revert to using the flimsy 2.5mm jack.
    Didn't they change the connector or phones already and eliminate the audio in/out? I only ask because with the cradle with audio out that I used with my 650 didn't work with my 700p. I thought something had changed...
  9. #9  
    What's proprietary about it?

    Palm's only been using it since 2004 and have kept in on almost every Palm device ever since.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  10. #10  
    Darn, if I use the one that came with my 755, it's so tight I can't get it off without thinking I'm going to break something. I mostly use the one from my 650 which disconnects if I look at it cross-eyed.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11. #11  
    Rumor has it as early as end of next year all phones must comply with the usb standard. Some group pushed for continuity because they were sick and tired of all the different phone connections and proprietary accessories.
  12. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #12  
    If there were a contest to come up with the worst possible design for a Treo connector, the existing one might well be a finalist. I get the giggles every time I have to plug a separate cord into the connector so I can both charge and sync at the same time. Plus, the thing is over an inch long! (and for no reason!) It's just asking to get snapped off and damage the Treo.

    Having a proprietary connector is bad. But if you're going to have a proprietary connector, at least make it good one!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    What's proprietary about it?

    Palm's only been using it since 2004 and have kept in on almost every Palm device ever since.
    Isnt that the definition of proprietary?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  14. #14  
    I'm sure glad I bought a Bluetooth card for my laptop, all worries are gone!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I'm sure glad I bought a Bluetooth card for my laptop, all worries are gone!
    I do that sometimes but the BT is so flakey is unreliable as well.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.

Posting Permissions