Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A couple of friends of mine were having a debate as to why they have blackberries (Push Email being the #1 reason).

However, I was racking my brain to figure out what my #1 reason for owning a Treo versus using something else.

The reason I came up with is it's immense 3rd party software availability which allows the Treo to do virtually anything....

Curious as to what everyone else's number one reasons are...
    #1 for me is PIM. I love having all my home, work, and play "info" handy where ever I'm located. Memos, todo's, calculator, Docs2Go, etc. Push email, although nice (and I DO push with versamail), is not really a priority for me although it's a cool feature. Now, all smartphones will do PIM, so what seals the deal for me with the Treo is the form factor and comfort with POS.

I'm willing to try a new OS and I'd really like to try an iPhone but I'm locked into Sprint. I'd love to try a BB, but I'm unwilling to buy the device, get a second line, contract extensions, etc to test it out. So secondly, I guess, the Treo is all I got...
    The #1 reason for me is that the Treo (with a healthy supply of 3rd party apps) does everything I need to organize work and personal items - despite the OS age and suspect stability. I say this having used work provided Blackberrys for years (currently a Sprint 8830) and experience with WM devices.
    My main reason for purchasing my Treo is because I've had so many Palm devices, that's what I was comfortable with.

My main reason for keeping it is:
    I love it. It does everything I need and a lot of extras that I like. The 3rd party apps make a huge difference.

Unlike many others, I don't care that it doesn't have wifi. wifi only benefits you if you're near a WAP. Having the unlimited data plan means I can surf the net anywhere I want/need. It has come in handy numerous times, like when my Blazer broke down and I needed to know the where the nearest Firestone was located.
    It's also great for long rides, waiting rooms, boring meetings, etc.
    Easy question for me. I've always had a palm to keep my calendar and contacts. When ever I needed it, it was in my gym bag or car (away from where I was) so I decided to combine both the palm and my cell phone so I only needed to carry one device.

ET
    Exact same for me. It was an upgrade from a Palm Vx and if I'm going to carry it w/me at all times, why not go for the phone w/it as well!
    To me...it's the small apps that "scratch an itch" for me.

Also, DUN hack. I am serious. Being able to get my laptop or tablet online without paying anything extra is a beautiful thing.

I know WM phone also offer DUN hack. But I never consider any WM phone better looking than the Treo.

So in a nutshell, money saving and aesthetic.
    I use one because it's still the best OS out there, easiest to use, and what it doesn't do isn't really worthwhile...such as multitasking (which most don't do anyways with a slow mobile processor) or wifi.

It's still funny that after others have had several upgrades, palm still remains superior. They got it right.
    This is a great thread. With all the negativity about Palm, it's nice to hear good things. That said, I just prefer Palm OS. I have had a treo 650, a ppc phone, a windows smartphone, and a razr and a palm tx. I am back to Palm with my centro. And I plan to stay.

Yes, multi-tasking is nice. There are many 3rd party apps that are available only for Palm that I really use. I am not an Outlook user- I prefer palm desktop. I have used Palm OS for years so I know it & understand it the best.
    Easy & Simple.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    It's a handheld computer with 1000's of third party applications available.

Oh yeah, besides that it is a PDA, Phone and Internet device.
    Killer form-factor... PalmOS is great (never-mind what people say). Does everything., and it is a no-nonsense device.

Nothing in the mobile-phone world comes close to matching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post
    A couple of friends of mine were having a debate as to why they have blackberries (Push Email being the #1 reason).

However, I was racking my brain to figure out what my #1 reason for owning a Treo versus using something else.

The reason I came up with is it's immense 3rd party software availability which allows the Treo to do virtually anything....

Curious as to what everyone else's number one reasons are...
    The user interface (touchscreen plus button shortcuts) is done much better on the PalmOS than any other touchscreen-ed platform. After that, its the design of the core programs (simple and to the point).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I need it for 3 party Apps ,Pim and many other things
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Because I would need another briefcase to carry all the devices my Treo replaces. ie: phone, PDA, BB, MP3 player, travel alarm, e-book reader, bible, HP-12c to start with!!! Need I go on?

Love my Treo!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Streaming
    Touch Screen
    Versmail-Calendar-Contacts Exchange activesync
    Browser
    Matty
    It's my whole life with me - at all times! In a compact (yeah I know - others are thinner) efficient little machine! All my passwords, contacts, photos, internet radio stations, schedule, thousands of third-party programs, plus it's a phone too! Hard to not love it.
    My medical apps.... got tons of them...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    The ability to read novels, organize appointments and phone numbers, and play games!!

I just love Palm OS. Touch screen and 3rd party apps put this phone head and shoulders above the rest.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I could name a couple of reason I have a treo....

I like the form of the device (keyboard, etc)
    It is stable (windows os rules)
    it holds my contacts

and it allows me to run my business (using email) on the road... I can leave the laptop now on most trips.

BUT to be honest, the #1 reason I have a treo.... (drum roll)... is.... SERO.

Yea, I'm a cheap boooooggggggeeeeerrrrrrr
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast