Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    [And for my 1000th post:]

I originally got my first Treo because I, like others who posted before me, grew weary of carrying my Vx and a cell phone. Even then I was highly dependent on the Vx's built-in apps as well as internet articles (through AvantGo).

Today, I can't even describe all of the uses I have for my 700p. It will easily pay for itself several times next week alone, when I am on vacation with the family, as it has done so many times in the past. From running my business to organizing my personal life to entertaining the kids, it is nearly invaluable to me.
    because it's a palm
    In one easy statement...

Its my modern-day electronic "Swiss Army Knife"
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    In one easy statement...

WOW, exactly.

One easy word- Convergence. Phone/Email/PIM/MP3 player/GPS/cool gadget I can show off/ IM/ Alarm/clock/ Text...All in one!!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Because I can have all of my important information with me at all times and be connected to the world with a device that is easy to use.
    The ability to collect information (HanDBase/DTG), to view/utilize that information through different applications, the ability to maintain constant connection through a variety of methods. Ben
    I got my first PDA phone last spring while still homeless. I had NO idea what was available in comparison, and it's what the salesperson picked for me :-0 The quality of my life instantly improved. I still get misty eyed sometimes as I look down at my Treo. It's as much an extension of me as my right hand.

The Sprint data plan is affordable and includes everything I need to stay connected, no matter where I am in the country.

I have severe short term memory loss and I'm working hard to find the right combo of 3rd party apps and PIM tweaks to keep myself independent and accountable. I appreciate all the choices I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    WOW, exactly.

Thanks!!!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I can't give just one reason. I'll give two: Simple and yet powerful.

I just wish it had WiFi and a better camera (maybe next versions)
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    I can't give just one reason. I'll give two: Simple and yet powerful.

I just wish it had WiFi and a better camera (maybe next versions)
    I have to agree. That's basically why I went back to Palm OS, it's simple and yet it does everything I need it to do. I will say I do wish it had wifi. We don't have EVDO in our area. I didn't even think about wifi until using the Mogul. It was great when someone would send a large attachement and I could turn on wifi and download it in a matter of seconds. Or, I wanted to lookup something on the web, wifi certainly helped out.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I originally purchased a Zire 71 and loved the Palm OS with its huge assortments of third party apps. The Treo provides all that plus a full QWERTY keyboard and phone, allowing me to easily type my documents and edit office files plus so much more.

After saying that, I am likely getting a Windows Mobile device (but likely a Treo 750) since I now want more than what the Palm OS can provide.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    3rd party apps.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    IMO the Treos are the easiest to use PDAs in the market. The reason I came back to the Centro.

...Because it's an all-in-one hub of activity that I use daily.

That said, it wouldn't be useful without all the 3rd party apps or the phone features.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    In one easy statement...

Precisely
    I had a handspring visor, followed by a Prism, followed by a Zire 72. When I wanted to combine my cell phone and PDA into one unit, a treo 680 was the logical choice.

Chris
    I received a T5 as a birthday gift last year and boy did that help me out. I don't know how I lived without it. I was carrying a T5 and a RAZR for almost a year. I would always keep my phone, but sometimes I would think I wouldn't need my T5 and leave it at the house or at the office. It never failed that when I didn't have it, I needed it. Was looking at a WM type device and then the 680 came out. It was perfect for what I needed. Now I never leave home without it.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    geez .. .there are alot of reasons.

Latley -- Text messaging.

I TM a few hundred times a day. I put about 3000 TMs a month. Crazy, i know. But it's SOOO easy w/ a full keyboard. and the threaded messaging, looking like IM, is great.

my e-mail doesn't work right - everytime i set it up something gets screwup, and i'm not a big e-mail person. I gave up on IM after Verichat stopped working - didn't like any of the other apps. Sure, the PIM stuff is great. The games are fun. But TMing is my number one applications, hands down.

waiti till the 'youth' target market of the Centor see the threaded TM ... if palms plays it right they could have a big hit jkust based on that application only (TM the killer app ? ;-) )
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    cause i've owned a treo since the treo300. But my days as a treo user are limited.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast