1.    #1  
    This might be beating a dead horse but.....

- I have a Verizon family plan (2 phones) now and want to switch to Sprint
    - I want to buy two 755p phones from Amazon
    - I want to activate a Sprint SERO $30 plan for each phone and port each number over individually

Do you guys think this is possible? Would we both be eligible for the $100 rebate currently offered by Sprint? I ask because we have the same address.

When I activate the first phone and port the main number over from Verizon, I still have the other phone number with verizon family plan... will that be available to port over too? Do they need ported at the same time since they are on the same plan?

I am not sure if this is in the right section, feel free to move this thread if need-be. I greatly appreciate your help in advance. I cannot wait to get back into the Treo world... its been a while.
    Why buy the phones from Amazon ? If you do that, generally Amazon phones require their own line activation from Amazon... you can't then activate the same phones on SERO... and you'll be giving up the SERO new customer phone discount.

I gather you're trying to get the low price on Amazon, but you must activate through them, you can't combine it with a SERO account. You should just buy the 755p's through SERO. You probably can get add'n mail-in discounts (at least $100), described elsewhere on the Internet. SERO is far more valuable than a slightly cheaper price on the 755p...

PS: you sure you want 755p's instead of Centro's ?
  3.    #3  
    ^^ you are right, I just realized that earlier.

I did the math, and paying more for the phones now and getting the cheaper plan is the better deal over 2 years - by far.

I am not sure I like the looks of the centro, and it seems geared towards a different audience. I will read the forum reviews of the centro - but I like the looks of the 755p better. Seems like I remember the memory on the 755p was higher too... but I could be wrong. I am afraid the Centro will be 'cheaper' weather it be through components, build quality, etc... but again I could be wrong.

What is the general consensus of the forum regarding the Centro? I am looking at it more for business than media. I will use it to text, send emails, browse the web, sync with meeting maker, and make calls. That is about it.
    The concensus about the Centro (but please read all the posts... many, many of them) is that there aren't going to be very many people that would prefer the 755p over the Centro. Functionally the Centro seems to be better in every way where there is a difference. The major pros for the 755p remaining are the obvious ones: larger screen, longer battery life, and debateably a keyboard that is somewhat easier to type on -- but that seem very debateable/personal... The Centro seems to have the edge on stability too. Of course the real biggie that the Centro is $100-150 cheaper.
  5.    #5  
    Ok I just read the full review on this forum. Man those reviews are great and in-depth.

Its $150 cheaper through sprint online right now. Its a no brainier! I will get a Centro for sure, I did not realize it so closely mirrored the 755p.

I used to have a really nice leather case with magnetic snap for my treo 650 (covertec maybe?)... I hope they come out with the same thing for the Centro.

Thanks for the help guys, this forum is great! I will get a Centro once my VW contract is up Nov 11th.
    ...So you owe us all a pint or what...?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CasopoliS View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, this forum is great! I will get a Centro once my VW contract is up Nov 11th.
    Actually, I would get the two Centros now through SERO now so you have them for sure before the 11th. Use the numbers they come with to make sure you like them, and Sprint, before your contract with Verizon is up. That way, you will be able to return them with no liability, or more important, not having ported your numbers until you're sure. Once you see you like everything, thenport your numbers which will automatically terminate your Verizon account.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Actually, I would get the two Centros now through SERO now so you have them for sure before the 11th. Use the numbers they come with to make sure you like them, and Sprint, before your contract with Verizon is up. That way, you will be able to return them with no liability, or more important, not having ported your numbers until you're sure. Once you see you like everything, thenport your numbers which will automatically terminate your Verizon account.
    GREAT advice... thank you! I am sure I can port at any time after the 11th... so getting them by the 11th is not really a concern to me. But I do like the idea of trying them out first. Is it that easy to return with Sprint? Seems like if we didn't like them, it would be a battle to return.

Thanks! YOU get the pint
    Quote Originally Posted by CasopoliS View Post
    GREAT advice... thank you! I am sure I can port at any time after the 11th... so getting them by the 11th is not really a concern to me. But I do like the idea of trying them out first. Is it that easy to return with Sprint? Seems like if we didn't like them, it would be a battle to return.

Thanks! YOU get the pint
    You have 30 days to return, no questions asked. I don't, however, think you're going to want to. I saved so much money going with SERO, it payed for my phone in just a few months, and, I think Sprint's service now is superior to what I had with Verizon.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  10.    #10  
    ordered the Centro last night after testing it out at a local store. Used URANG to get $50 credit and so far it seems to have worked. Free texting worked as well (so far).
    Order status is: FULFILLMENT_HOLD

The Treos are easier for me to type on, but after some practice.... I was able to type on the Centro fairly well. It just takes some getting used to. I prefer the Treo when it comes to useability, and I prefer the Centro when it comes to size. If they were closer in price I would have really considered the 755p, but no doubt the Centro wins for size and price.

I watched CNN on it in the store and it blew me away. Technology is just getting so cool.
    The question of getting SERO through an Amazon store is possible, but not worth the possibility that a Sprint Rep over the phone will not convert it to SERO.

Not sure about the rebate, try the slickdeals.net long thread about SERO and ask there.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products