Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    I vote gadgetfreaky off the island...

Go home!

The stuff that Malatesta is saying regarding Sprint and GPS is true up until this point. We are all hoping that it changes soon. All you need to do is set out to get any device from Sprint that has Wifi and GPS and you will know there is something wrong.

Anyway, even if Malatesta was wrong on this one thread the incredible wealth of knowledge that he has brought this forum is truly amazing. Especially around the early days of the 700w. We would miss him. You my friend are expendable.
    I am glad Malesta has a friend. I've been on this boards far longer than Malesta and 99% of the "facts" Malesta posts are not facts at all, just theories not based on reality. Just having a high post count doesn't mean what you are posting is accurate. In fact, the claims made about Sprint turned out to be very false and misleading especially the ones on Sprint blocking GPS from WM devices. Malesta did get some facts after doing some research towards the end but pretty much ended up with what I said in the first place which was the APIs were not written yet. i.e. the obvious answer instead of the paranoid one about Sprint which does not do whole sale blocks of GPS based on operating systems or any other metric. Period. Oh and having a ton of false information on a board, brings it down, and offends a lot of high quality users who actually have industry knowledge or research the facts before they post paranoid theories or fake letters from HTC.
    What's the deal with calling him Malesta anyway? Is this thing personal with you?
    What's the deal with calling him Malesta anyway? Is this thing personal with you?
    I didn't catch that one... That's pretty amusing... No offense to Mal, of course.

Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Yawn. Does anyone other than these two really care?

I don't know why I thought this thread had something to do with the rumored Treo 800. Oh, maybe because that's the TITLE of the thread?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    It's a long name. I didn't really notice. I never attached Malesta himself, just his theory that sprint was blocking GPS on WM devices.

Back to the thread starter, I heard a rumor that an upgrade to the Treo 755 is delayed and it's going to fall pretty short. It's just a rumor but given how bad Palm management is I am not really surprised.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234