1.    #1  
    I haven't been here in a while and have just noticed the huge amount of Treo's out there. I am still using a GSM Treo 650 and listed below is what I use it for.

Cell Phone (in the Atlanta area...no problems)
    Text Messaging
    DateBk 5
    Pocket Quicken
    JShopper (an oldie but a goodie)
    eReader
    MP3's
    DivX (on TCPMP)
    Photos
    Bejewelled

I don't have a data package because it seems I carry my Vaio everywhere anyways!

It still seems to be doing really well and is not scratched...dinged....dropped...

It is just that I feel really behind the power curve....do I need a new toy?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post
    I haven't been here in a while and have just noticed the huge amount of Treo's out there. I am still using a GSM Treo 650 and listed below is what I use it for.

Text Messaging
    DateBk 5
    Pocket Quicken
    eReader
    MP3's
    DivX (on TCPMP)
    Photos
    Bejewelled

I don't have a data package because it seems I carry my Vaio everywhere anyways!

It still seems to be doing really well and is not scratched...dinged....dropped...

I had a GSM 650 and was underwhelmed with the 680 came out. The only two advantages I could see (for me) was the lack of branding on the 680 and the elimination of the antenna. That was it.

I agree with you that the 650 was a highlight in Palm's existence and I hope and pray they can outdo the 650 again some day. I am waiting.
    Originally posted by 2_meezers
    . . . I don't have a data package because it seems I carry my Vaio everywhere anyways! . . .
    What type of Vaio do you have and do you have a data plan on your Vaio?
    I have a UX180 and a T250, but the Treo is quicker to use (no boot time) and more compact. Also, it's simpler to download e-books and audio books directly to the Treo. It's also good for RSS feeds for newspapers. I wish it was cheaper (data on the Treo), but since it's not, I listen to Internet radio to get my money's worth.

Text Messaging
    DateBk 5
    Pocket Quicken
    eReader
    MP3's
    DivX (on TCPMP)
    Photos
    Bejewelled

I say keep your 650 until you feel it doesn't do the job for you, anymore.

I didn't upgrade from my 650 until a few months, ago. My upgrade had a lot to do with data speeds, which isn't a factor for you. I also dug some other features on the 755p.

An advantage to waiting until YOU'RE ready is that you don't upgrade "just because" and just before the new hotness comes out - thus wishing you'd waited a little longer to upgrade.

Btw, I still use my 650 for gps navigation.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    IMO you don't know what you been missing. Once I got FAST data on my phone, 80% of what I do involve wireless data of some type. For example, GoogleMap, movie reviews/showtime, forums, a ton of them, use Yahoo/AIM/MSN everywhere!

You really got to give it a try.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/26/2007 at 09:45 AM.
  6.    #6  
    I have a Vaio TXN15P....weighs all of 2 pounds. Less than carrying a hardback book. It has a built in Sprint card so using their EV-DO network...seems to be okay.

I use limewire to get .lit books and found a program on here that lets me convert them to .pdb files. How comforting to carry around 2G worth of books!

Since I only have to commute 11 miles to work and don't have to travel for business (yeah...portable 9-1-1 centers!) I really DON'T need the data on the Treo.

Oh...and I have the Zoti zero antenna....so no yucky antenna problem!

Will admit being unable to use anything larger than 2G SD Card is not fun...but NO WAY am I going to custom ROM.

Looked at the Centro....but using a GSM guess that is not an option.

Crimson would be good. But having my magenta Sena case helps.

Thanks for the feedback (hope for more)....but I still really do like my 650!
    Last edited by 2_meezers; 10/26/2007 at 03:13 PM.
    why not bypass the 680, and get a 750, then you will have high speed.....
    Matty
    Personally, if I was still using the 650, and not under contract (hey, I was and did just this) I would get the 755p or Centro from Sprint SERO. Go to the CDMA thread on this board and read about SERO. I have it and not only have unlimited text AND data, I'm saving over $50 per month than I did with Verizon and over $45 a month of what I would with AT&T. In otherwords, you can have everything you have now plus data, and still save mucho bucks. You can save enough to have paid for the phone in just a few months. And trust me, Sprint's service is just as good, if not better, than AT&T and Verizon.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The hacks for 650 are mature and stable. I don't understand why you don't want to hack it. Your 650 is well beyond warantty and you have physically modded it anyway.

At least put in the SDHC driver and drop a freaking 16GB card in it!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    The hacks for 650 are mature and stable. I don't understand why you don't want to hack it. Your 650 is well beyond warantty and you have physically modded it anyway.

At least put in the SDHC driver and drop a freaking 16GB card in it!

I would except I am chicken hearted! Point me to a really good thread and I might try! That would be way cool to have the huge SD Card!

My co-worker just said if I could find instructions to hack it I would be an ***** not too! SO....point me in the right direction!
    My co-worker just said if I could find instructions to hack it I would be an ***** not too! SO....point me in the right direction!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=650+sdhc
    Just a reminder, though, before you invest a lot of money in a 16 GB card....that card will not work in your next device. If you have access to SERO plans, I agree with switching....I"m very happy with my 700P (I know how odd that sounds, but mine is very solid), but if it died I'd be into a Centro in no time.