View Poll Results: Has the Centro affected your recent purchase decision ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I recently purchased a Centro after considering the Treo 7xx's

4 26.67%
  • I recently purchased a 755p after also looking at the Centro

0 0%
  • I recently purchased a 700wx after also looking at the Centro

0 0%
  • I purchased a 700p or 755p before the Centro became available

9 60.00%
  • I purchased a 700w(x) before the Centro became available

0 0%
  • I recently consider a Treo / Centro but bought something else

0 0%
  • I recently consider a Treo / Centro but have decided to wait for a coming WM device

1 6.67%
  • I recently consider a Treo / Centro but have decided to wait for something else

1 6.67%
  1.    #1  
    Lets see if we can discern what impact the Centro is having on recent Palm device purchases...
  2.    #2  
    I probably should have added one more option (if someone else can modify the poll, please do...):

- I recently bought a Centro to replace my Treo 7xx
    maybe you could make one stating that you looked at other stuff, but bought the centro?

being a first time smartphone buyer, i looked at all the options, other treos, BB, HTC, etc. and i found for price of device as well as service on device, it seemed to me, centro was the best deal. for me being a new smartphone user at least. i could be wrong of course but thats just my .02
  4.    #4  
    sure... although it may not seem like it, I wasn't trying for an "all-out" poll/survey, but rather see if we can uncover data (however skewed) that might show whether the Centro is increasing Palm sales overall, or merely displacing sales that would have gone to other Palm devices, POS or WM.

The simplest version of the poll I wanted would yield: number of Centro sales vs number of 7xx sales before Centro vs number of 7xx sales after Centro. But that is a little too simple...
    I purchased a Centro as an upgrade from my 3-year-old GSM 650 (AT&Tingular). The form-factor and price were finally right - but I admit I probably wouldn't have paid to upgrade to the Centro on my old AT&T plan. SERO got me to take the plunge.

I'm pretty happy with the Centro (but will be buying an extended battery as soon as one's available since I use push email.)
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    I probably should have added one more option (if someone else can modify the poll, please do...):

- I recently bought a Centro to replace my Treo 7xx

How bout having a 755p and purchasing a Centro and returning it within 48 hours with nothing but dissappointment.