Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After peaking around $19 / share, palm's share prices plummeted to $8.50!!! This following mixed opinions of palm's prospects following the CTIA meeting apparently. Wow. Shareholders lost more than 50% of their investment in this company this week. They are doing worse than countrywide financial and the homebuilder stocks, and THAT is saying a lot!!!
    And just for the salt on the wound, who from the inside planned ahead and sold:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=PALM
    The Elevation Partners deal went through yesterday. Shareholders at the close of business yesterday get the $9 cash dividend, which is why the share price dropped. So over the past week, those who held onto the stock did quite well.

http://investor.palm.com/releaseDeta...leaseID=271181
    With Ed Clownigan out and Josh R. in, this is the time to buy.

Remember Apple in 2001... $9 per share. Look at Apple now!

I did not have the balls to buy then.
    lol, why is everyone reading this as their share's "plummeted" when, as mentioned above, they gave all shareholders $9 back on every share...

This has been planned for quite some time.

ghiscott: Colligan is not "out", he's still president/CEO

Man, you guys need to read a little closer! lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    After peaking around $19 / share, palm's share prices plummeted to $8.50!!! This following mixed opinions of palm's prospects following the CTIA meeting apparently. Wow. Shareholders lost more than 50% of their investment in this company this week. They are doing worse than countrywide financial and the homebuilder stocks, and THAT is saying a lot!!!
    Yeah i read that looking at stocks.. I keep a watchful eye on Palm Stock but I dont have any. Funny you mention Countrywide.. Do you work for them? Looking at their stock its gone down over the last few months. Palm stock went down 50% in 1 day.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    With Ed Clownigan out and Josh R. in, this is the time to buy.

Remember Apple in 2001... $9 per share. Look at Apple now!

I did not have the balls to buy then.
    Sorry, Palm ain't no Apple.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    yep. Palm is in it's own little category of...well...i'm not even quite sure what to say anymore.
    anyone here own Palm stock? if so, would you think it to be a good idea to pick up some when the price is down?

Is Palm bound to rebound? Or has it really a matter of time before it croaks?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Wait for the 800w... that will be a very good indication of the company moving forward. The Centro is now the sperhead of Treos, and I have many doubts it will make a dent in the space where they are positioning it (entry level smartphone?)
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Jon Rubinstein or Ed Colligan. That previous poster was correct that Ed is still CEO but Jon is Executive Chairman. He is the guy brought in by the Elevation Partners Interest and I can guarantee that if Jon says, "jump" that Ed will be asking, "how high?"

If you think about what the masses are going to do next, they are going to integrate all their handheld crap into one gizmo. Either an Iphone or a palm or something else.

Palm has the development community behind them. I don't believe there is anywhere near the number of apps for crackberry or Iphone. This will be key as the adoption of smartphones among the masses ramps up.

Just my opinion but I feel that the rough patches Palm has had correlate with Ed's rise to CEO. Ed does not come across very well. He is just there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Well, the guy in the blue shirt is in charge at Palm now:
    http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2005/0510/jobs_ep.jpg
  13.    #13  
    Well, we will see if it makes much of a difference..
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    Palm has the development community behind them. I don't believe there is anywhere near the number of apps for crackberry or Iphone. This will be key as the adoption of smartphones among the masses ramps up.
    Well, I don't consider iPhone a fair comparison on this basis yet because the SDK isn't out -- and I still think it was a huge mistake not to launch it *with* the device, but time will tell. But even without an SDK, developers WANT to develop for the iPhone. So I'm really curious to see what happens when the official SDK becomes available.

Palm only has such a strong suite of apps because FrankenGarnet has been with us for so long. Some would still say that PalmOS has more apps than WM, but even if it's true the gap has seriously closed. Palm has just kept developers hanging on the clothesline for too long. Give them a good alternative and they will go. Heck, I've seen some hardcore PalmOS developers jump ship on the mere promise of an alternative, let alone living breathing one.
    At 9 bucks a share it makes it cheap enough to buy some of it now.

So being $9 per share, with the $9.00 dividend, should the stock be considered being worth $18 per share comparing apples to apples?

Meaning, the stock isnt doing much worse than its high of $19.50 per share.
    & why did it pay such a high dividend?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    They had a cash hoard and were not doing anything useful with the money, so they gave it back to the shareholders.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Seemingy Palm thought it a better investment to pay dividend to shareholders than to re-invest in new products. This seems the right move as Palm proved its inability to innovate several times now.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just curious, what the hell happened back in early 2001? On Nov 3rd 2000 Palm stock was at $669, and by April it was at $61. Since then it has continued to hover in the $10-50 range, but even in April 2003 it hit $4.54!!!!!

What the hell is the deal with Palm stock, talk about volatile! I'm glad I don't have anything this crazy.
    Tech bubble.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast