1.    #1  
    Please don't blast me, but here's my story---

I recently purchased an "unbranded, unlocked" Treo 650 GSM Quadband off of ebay. Seller said won it in contest had no use. I am a current Nextel powered by Sprint customer, who has had a hell of a time trying to swap the the T650 for my old i275. I do understand that the T650 is a "sprint" phone and I will have to switch service.
    Last night, I stayed on the phone btw getting transferred, dropped and reps, who couldn't get me, I have decided to send the phone back.

I am quite frustrated() , bec my co-worker makes getting activated seem effortless and drama-free.

What makes me angry is that the first rep was going to establish service for me, but the call was dropped. I was told by the other 7 reps, that I didn't have the correct edc # what the heck? I only have a MSN AND IMEI NUMBER!

Can someone help me out? PPPPPPPPPPLEASE
    There are CDMA and GSM versions of the Treo 650. You needed the CDMA version for anything "powered by Sprint."
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    To expand on Tom's post above:

The 'unbranded and unlocked GSM Quadband" Treo 650 will only work for AT&T (formerly Cingular) and T-Mobile (and any other GSM carriers in the world). However, if you have Sprint (or in the process of migrating to Sprint), you'll need a Treo 650 with Sprint branding on. Similarly if you have Verizon Wireless, you'll need one with Verizon branding. Reason: Sprint and Verizon are on CDMA networks, not GSM.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607