1.    #1  
    I am currently a 650 user and I cam getting close to the point where I want to update to a new smartphone. I am pretty sure that I want to stay with a PalmOS device. Does anyone have an opinion about which model I should choose? I am currently with Sprint and will probably stay with them for the foreseeable future.
    If I were you, I would go with the Centro. TreoCentral is buzzing with threads/post about this new phone.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by richeddy View Post
    I am currently a 650 user and I cam getting close to the point where I want to update to a new smartphone. I am pretty sure that I want to stay with a PalmOS device. Does anyone have an opinion about which model I should choose? I am currently with Sprint and will probably stay with them for the foreseeable future.
    If you're determined to stay with PalmOS (or some flavor thereof), I would wait until Palm releases their next-generation PalmLinux OS.

Unless you're just dying to have a new PalmOS phone right now...in which case you can go for a Centro. For a 650 user, the Centro is something of an upgrade (though not much from an OS perspective). For anyone already using a 700+ series device, the Centro isn't worth upgrading to, IMO.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    If you're determined to stay with PalmOS (or some flavor thereof), I would wait until Palm releases their next-generation PalmLinux OS.

Unless you're just dying to have a new PalmOS phone right now...in which case you can go for a Centro. For a 650 user, the Centro is something of an upgrade (though not much from an OS perspective). For anyone already using a 700+ series device, the Centro isn't worth upgrading to, IMO.

This is not quite related to Treo's but it is in the smart phone market. This came over the associated press and was in the Midland-Odessa paper. (West Texas) The Heading of the article was "Sprint to introduce iPhone-like cell phone" Then it goes on to tell about the HTC Touch. That it will go on sale on November 4. Palm is having strong competition; they need to put their crews to work 24/7 to get the linux and next generation windows devices out the door sooner. Does Palm see the hand writing on the wall? They need to take care of it's user base. Enough is enough. If Palm would deliver the Linux Treo, we would not have to go to other alternatives like the BB's and the Pocket PC's. I will try the Touch when it is released on the 4th of November.
    The touch looks useless with its text input. Not to mention it's too small and should be renamed the thumb touch..

It's half azzed. And its windows mobile which is crap anyways.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The touch looks useless with its text input. Not to mention it's too small and should be renamed the thumb touch..

The Centro isn't WM but PalmOS. The Treo 500v is a WM6 device.
    Was talking about the HTC Touch..

I used to think that but after using wm, I wouldn't go back. I'm not saying palm os is bad, but I much prefer wm after using it for a few weeks.

Well I will try the phone, it does not cost me anything to try the HTC, I will play with it and report back. The video reviews on this phone have been positive. They do say Win Mobile 6 is snappier. I know when I tried the 700wx last year it preformed well until I got the phone loaded with my it with all my Win Software from Bible to Drug programs. I think the phone will feel better in my hand than the Centro. I like the feel of the 755 better than the Centro, The BB 8830 is ok too.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    ... If Palm would deliver the Linux Treo, we would not have to go to other alternatives like the BB's and the Pocket PC's. I will try the Touch when it is released on the 4th of November.
    me too... I've also decided to try the Touch before deciding for/against the Centro, mostly because the screen on the Touch is considerably larger and yet overall the Touch is quite a bit smaller and thinner, more pocketable. If Palm had made a Touch with PalmOS, I would go with that...