Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    But there is no such thing that I know of that's the equivalent of getting a fine car crafted to your demands.
    You mean the SL class Mercedes???
    The slider mockup looks great and all but when it's closed, it looks like the 5 way and menu buttons are not very comfortable to select. Use your current Treo and pretend the spacebar is the 5 way, not very comfortable unfortunately even though extra screen size would be great.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
  3. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj View Post
    The slider mockup looks great and all but when it's closed, it looks like the 5 way and menu buttons are not very comfortable to select. Use your current Treo and pretend the spacebar is the 5 way, not very comfortable unfortunately even though extra screen size would be great.
    Agreed. If Palm does go this route, the it would better to just extend the LCD the entire length of the device, then have the nav buttons and qwerty available under the slide. Basically, an IPHONE type setup with a slider keyboard.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    If your hands are big enough, its still useful to have buttons on the front, to use with your thumb, and support the device with your index and middle finger.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    Agreed. If Palm does go this route, the it would better to just extend the LCD the entire length of the device, then have the nav buttons and qwerty available under the slide. Basically, an IPHONE type setup with a slider keyboard.
    Yea I mean if it was still a touchscreen, you don't really need any buttons on the face of the phone, it could all be on the slider and with your finger or stylus you can navigate around the phone.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Buttons are good.

Surur
    I would love a slider. Im hoping the new form factor is almost identical to the one posted in the link. The only thing I would like more is a "trackball" and or a more grippy middle button.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I would love a slider. Im hoping the new form factor is almost identical to the one posted in the link.
    Same here except I'd like to see it a bit thinner.
    a slider holds no interest to me...you lose one handed use, which is key.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    a slider holds no interest to me...you lose one handed use, which is key.
    I disagree... A slider such as that pictured in the mockup will allow for the same one-handed ease of use we enjoy now so long as the keyboard is out.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I disagree... A slider such as that pictured in the mockup will allow for the same one-handed ease of use we enjoy now so long as the keyboard is out.
    ditto
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Sorry...thought you were talking about the Cruise. I still think slider kills the form factor. I guess I am just loving the current Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Please see the attached picture.

Original from Brighthand forum
    I saw an interesting article on the future of touch screen keyboards. The author believed very shortly they'll have an interactive feel to them. When you push, a small electrical charge will give you the tactile feeling of being on and pushing a button that's not there.

In the mean time I'd prefer maintaining the kboard over a slightly larger screen.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I think if Palm goes the "touch" route like the iphone its needs to be a completely different line up. It wouldn't be Treo. The "treo" has stayed the same so long because it works it hard to reinvent the wheel. I won't mind seeing a slider from Palm. My main phone is the Touch from sprint now and I love the thing. But Palm did some things right that will keep me as a potental customer.
    I would prefer this mock up someone on the board did. (crap can't find it, will add later)
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I saw an interesting article on the future of touch screen keyboards. The author believed very shortly they'll have an interactive feel to them. When you push, a small electrical charge will give you the tactile feeling of being on and pushing a button that's not there.

In the mean time I'd prefer maintaining the kboard over a slightly larger screen.
    Great, just what we need, our phones shocking us every time we press a key. What happens if you sit on the phone and ****-mash a bunch of keys at once? I guess we'll see people walking around with lightening shooting out of their A$$e$.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12