1.    #1  
    All of us complain about Sprint service in general, including me. As I've mentioned in the past though, some INDIVIDUAL Sprint sales people have been awesome to me.

Last night I showed up at the Sprint store EXHAUSTED after a very trying day, needing a new, bigger memory card for my 755p. I need to finish getting my phone set to be independent of my piece of crap laptop, that needs to be sent back.

Not only did I get my new 2 GB card for $29.99, which was much better than the $120.00 the neighboring store wanted (no that is NOT a typo), but the salesperson OFFERED to take care of some issues on my phone that I was going to need to attend to pronto. I didn't even tell him about my problem! He just noticed and offered! He spent almost an hour fixing up my phone for me :-)

You know those days when you feel like you are sinking in quicksand and someone just comes along and offers you a hand? It just gets you right back on track. Exhausted, still, but on the track and moving forward.

Anyway, I just had to share.
    The last place I would go to if I were EXHAUSTED would be a Sprint store. I usually have to wait a long time to get waited on and most of the time they don't know what they're are talking about.

Here's an exception. I once talked to a tech support rep on the phone (level II or III or whatever) and this guys knew everything and solved my problems as well as offered to walk me through setting up my Treo to sync using BT with my laptop. He was great but he was an exception.

However, now I've discovered a new way to communitcate with Sprint. It using email (when possible).

No waiting on hold and they usually repsond within 4 hours and you have a documented trial of everything you've requested and their repsonse.

Regardless, I'm glad you had a great experience and wished I live where you do to get that service.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Yknow a couple of the stores here are that great, but only those two locations (Rick: Arnold and Fenton, many times Ellisville also). The one nearest my house (Sunset) makes me want to slit my throat. I would go without if that were my only option.
    In the recent weeks, I have been able to listen to a 128kbps streaming station on my 700p while driving over a 40-mile distance, without interruption, except in one area. In the past, this would be a futile effort.

So yes, they are also making improvements to their system as well.

Perhaps there is hope.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    In the recent weeks, I have been able to listen to a 128kbps streaming station on my 700p while driving over a 40-mile distance, without interruption, except in one area. In the past, this would be a futile effort.

So yes, they are also making improvements to their system as well.

Perhaps there is hope.
    Their coverage in this area is great. Seldom do I have any connection problem.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6.    #6  
    The store I use is in an affluent business district. It's INSANE in the middle of the day :-( I hit it about 5:30 and got lucky.

It was dead the Sunday my friend bought her phone...but that day...the salesperson had plently of time and VERY little knowledge. Sigh!

Sometimes it's just luck.

But even in the midday chaos, some staff have often tried to be as helpful as they could to me.
    That's great for you, Wildcatter. I've had several good experiences at the store I generally go to as well.
    In my area, the stores (2) are essentially useless, but the thing that bothers me about Sprint is the definite increase in dropped calls in the past six months and the very spotty EVDO service in an area that should have better coverage.