Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'm a happy user of a Treo 680...and was interested to see that the new OS on the Centro still retains the old standard Garnet with very little in the way of a Graphic Design overhaul.

I personally use Palm Revolt...and with relatively simple tweaks it really does make the whole OS look a lot more modern....but my question....why does it seem that hard for Palm to include a few simple 'Graphic Design' tweaks like this as standard?

Even just throwing in a few bevelled buttons/scroll bar on the side... does wonders.

While it may not give it an iphone type look..I would have thought it wouldn't be too hard to just give Garnet a little bit of a freshen up for the new Centro (+ rest of Treo line) market!

Anyway...just my two cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    I'm a happy user of a Treo 680...and was interested to see that the new OS on the Centro still retains the old standard Garnet with very little in the way of a Graphic Design overhaul.

I personally use Palm Revolt...and with relatively simple tweaks it really does make the whole OS look a lot more modern....but my question....why does it seem that hard for Palm to include a few simple 'Graphic Design' tweaks like this as standard?

Even just throwing in a few bevelled buttons/scroll bar on the side... does wonders.

While it may not give it an iphone type look..I would have thought it wouldn't be too hard to just give Garnet a little bit of a freshen up for the new Centro (+ rest of Treo line) market!

Anyway...just my two cents!

you are so correct, Ed Hardy made some similar comments over at Brighthand.com
    Excellent point. I totally agree. I'm willing to bet that if they did nothing else other than to freshen the interface borders and release brand new icons (totally superficial modifications), a large majority would accept that as enough of an upgrade from palm!

Seriously. Even if no functional updates were done, if just the simple "look" of the os were tweaked, palm would save themselves heaps of grief.

But at palm, folks just seem to be completely deficient in the way of common sense. Its amazing.
    Just look at what GX- 5 did...too.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I agree, if they let the gx5 team update the graphics, and add in skinUI's transitions... it would've helped alot...
    HTC Touch Pro