Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have EVERY model of the Treo since the 300. Since Palm stopped innovating years ago, I recently switched to the iPhone. I don't like not having a physical keyboard so I am on the hunt for another Windows mobile device. I ran across this:

http://www.zenum.ch/products.html

http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b149355.jpg

This is where the Treo should be !!!!!

- WM 6.0
    - EDGE
    - 2 megapixel display
    - 128 RAM
    - 2.5 inch touch screen (240x320)
    - Bluetooth and WiFi b/g
    - 4.76 inches tall x 2.59 inches wide x 0.55 inches thick

They are supposed to be out next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla View Post
    I have EVERY model of the Treo since the 300. Since Palm stopped innovating years ago, I recently switched to the iPhone. I don't like not having a physical keyboard so I am on the hunt for another Windows mobile device. I ran across this:

http://www.zenum.ch/products.html

http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b149355.jpg

This is where the Treo should be !!!!!

- WM 6.0
    - EDGE
    - 2 megapixel display
    - 128 RAM
    - 2.5 inch touch screen (240x320)
    - Bluetooth and WiFi b/g
    - 4.76 inches tall x 2.59 inches wide x 0.55 inches thick

They are supposed to be out next month.
    Holy it has EDGE too? That's that new fangled high speed data network, right? I agree! This is where the Treo should be !!!!! I'm with ya bro!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Nice lookin. Not sure I could live with WinSlob 6 or the 23 1/2 minutes of talk time. But that EDGE would be killa!
    Patrick Horne
  4.    #4  
    The phone has a very cool design - very Apple-esque.
    Last edited by crabkilla; 10/05/2007 at 02:14 PM.
    There used to be an iteration which was even prettier, I am surprised they eventually just went with cellphone black.

http://allo.kulichki.com/or/2006/opus_operis_.jpg

Surur
    A no name phone maker flashes a computer rendering-looking picture. I call vaporware. Well probably as 'real' as the old Acer P50.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    There used to be an iteration which was even prettier, I am surprised they eventually just went with cellphone black.

http://allo.kulichki.com/or/2006/opus_operis_.jpg

Surur
    Thanks for the picture, that is one slick looking phone! I agree that is where Palm should have been today(with linux of course) if they hasn't wasted their precious resources on the Foleo!!! Even today's software POS I; it would still be a great phone if it did not have the lag. Of course they are saying it's going to be around two years before we really see design changes with the former Apple guy on Palm's board. Such a shame and such a waste. We all have invested so much in our palm's over the years!

I started with the Palm Professional (got the replacement memory card, gift from my wife)

Got the Palm V

Handspring mono

Handspring color

Palm 500

Palm 515

Left for one year and went to the HP 1910 (nice unit and the window's software worked fairly well.

Got the HP 2010 (software was not good for me)

Bought the Treo 600 2 times and returned it. Bought it the 3rd time and fell in love with it.

Got the Treo 650 (nice unit except for our memory problem for the 1st 4-6 months)

Got the 700p (hated the lag; my BT worked ok)

Got the 755p (returned it because of the lag still)

Got the update MR for the 700p, had a lot of resets plus the BT would not work on my Camry!

Sprint replaced my 700p with a 755p (gave it to my wife)

Got the BB8830 (miss my touch screen and Palm programs but it is a good phone)

Probably will try the Centro next week or so.

I will try the Multi Touch soon (but I need a keyboard)

I am sure that I will try the Emblazes' Linux "Treo" when it is released hopefully by June! Palm needs to go to work 24/7 until they get a viable phone. Just saw that Apple is working hard to get 3rd party programs to work on the iphones. gadgetsonthego.net

Palm has failed to take care of it's user base. They also did not give customer loyalty discounts with the 755p as they did with the 650 and the 700's. Well I have vented a little today. Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Holy it has EDGE too? That's that new fangled high speed data network, right? I agree! This is where the Treo should be !!!!! I'm with ya bro!
    Am I the only one who got what Malatesta was saying here?
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Why would Treo700wx users downgrade from EVDO to EDGE? I do like the design though. Not enough to leave the 700wx IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Why would Treo700wx users downgrade from EVDO to EDGE? I do like the design though. Not enough to leave the 700wx IMHO.
    It was sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    A no name phone maker flashes a computer rendering-looking picture. I call vaporware. Well probably as 'real' as the old Acer P50.
    Ding ding...we have a winner!

Had crabkilla done his homework he would have realized that this IS vaporware

Here it is back in September 2006: Zenum's Opus Operis Pocket PC in November?
    So I can't wait for crab's to get this with edge, which will surely blow the Treo away! It'll be here any day now along with my Phantom.

Here's how..ahem..pretty it is now:
    http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...et-handson.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
    It's a rare thing to see Malatesta going into full sarcastic mode, isn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Here's how..ahem..pretty it is now:
    http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.en...et-handson.jpg
    Its funny how, when it became more practical, it also became uglier. The design is almost essentially unchanged, but now its just nor pretty anymore.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Its funny how, when it became more practical, it also became uglier. The design is almost essentially unchanged, but now its just nor pretty anymore.

Surur
    lol, Opus uses Glamour Shots for their phone; Cnet doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
    no... (is there a smirk emoticon?...)

Not sure why one would prefer this device over the coming Samsung i780... even *if* this device does have EDGE(!!!)...
  15.    #15  
    The sad thing is that Treo hasn't done **** in the past 2 years with a phone and they still have a phone that is 50% thicker than the competition. I mean how hard is it to release a WM6 Treo that is 0.5 inches thick with a 320x320 screen? WTF?
    What the heck does this have to do with "Future Treo"s?
    Not to mention, the only thing that the Opus has that the current WM Treos do not have (built in) is WiFi (b/g).

The rest of the specs are pretty similar.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is this a China phone?

I am really getting scared of USA loosing out on the edge on PDA phone man! After Motorola and Palm, who else is left on this side?

Its a disgrace I am now using a HTC(Taiwan) Mogul phone.

I waited and waited for a Window antenna-less Treo, but it never came to Sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Is this a China phone?

I am really getting scared of USA loosing out on the edge on PDA phone man! After Motorola and Palm, who else is left on this side?

Its a disgrace I am now using a HTC(Taiwan) Mogul phone.
    You sure sound "scared"... of what pray tell ? the trade deficit, the USA falling behind ?

Which "side", exactly, is "this side" ?

I hope you know that most phones made by Motorola and Palm are built in the Far East, if not in toto, then many parts and subassemblies...

Taiwan isn't "China", despite what each of the PRC and Taiwan, separately, think. Why exactly is it a "disgrace" that you are using a Taiwanese product ? I think it would be rather difficult to find a phone that was 100% Made in the USA. Why that is is beyond the scope of this thread...

I rather like my Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese phones, and my German, Swedish and Japanese cars. I don't feel that they aren't on my "side"...
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    hmm

personally I would like it better with out the 240x320 screen

I would like to see 320x320

or even 320x240

the 240x320 wide screens just bug me; not sure why.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast