1.    #1  
    Looks like Palm is still being profitable. Yay!

Note: If you don't have anything nice to say on this thread please don't say anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post

Note: If you don't have anything nice to say on this thread please don't say anything at all.
    How can I say this nicely... mmm .. A little birdie whispered in my ear and told me Palm may have made less moolah than they spent, also called a loss. The same dear birdie also told me Palm projects a similar "loss" this quarter, despite the oh so lovely Centro.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...-fy08-results/

I hope that was nice enough for you, sweet Heimlich. Do you own shares in our beloved company per chance?

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts

LOL! You won't want to be visiting the BBC news website then!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    LOL! You won't want to be visiting the BBC news website then!
    It will definitely be interesting to see how the Centro does now that Palm has a Treo with a price point that is much more attractive and competitive with its competitors.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Palm Stock is at $16.00
    RIM (Blackberry) $97.00
    Apple(iphone) $158.00
    Quote Originally Posted by wxboss View Post
    It will definitely be interesting to see how the Centro does now that Palm has a Treo with a price point that is much more attractive and competitive with its competitors.
    The question will be whether the Centro will do more to bring in greater numbers of customers than to cannibalize sales from the other, higher margin Treos, so to make profits net positive, because it seems like a lot of folks see the Centro as just a cheaper 755p.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Palm Stock is at $16.00
    RIM (Blackberry) $97.00
    Apple(iphone) $158.00
    You do realize stock can be split to make it easier to buy and more affordable?

Just imagine trying to buy google; it is $600 a share.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I just look at it as which company will invest in the future of the product, I love my 680, my 600 was wonderfull but I see palm as the old apple, too many products and they wait way too long to release even a software patch.
    You do realize stock can be split to make it easier to buy and more affordable?

Just imagine trying to buy google; it is $600 a share.
    You know Palm's shares were worth more that a $1000 per share at one point....

Surur
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    You know Palm's shares were worth more that a $1000 per share at one point....

Surur
    WOW
    What happened? Ohhh yea. neva mind
    I am completely mistified by this thread.

Palm Reports Q1 FY08 Results
    Posted By: Ryan Kairer on Monday, October 01, 2007 1:20:49 PM

Palm today reported that total revenue in the first quarter of fiscal year 2008, ended Aug. 31, was $360.8 million. Smartphone sell-through for the quarter was 689,000 units, up 21 percent year over year. Smartphone revenue was $302.2 million, up 12 percent from the year-ago period.

Palm reported its first net loss in more than three years of $841,000, or 1 cent a share. Sales of Palm smartphones slowed during the current quarter, down around 9% from the previous record setting Q4 FY07 quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    Palm Stock is at $16.00
    RIM (Blackberry) $97.00
    Apple(iphone) $158.00
    That's really silly, truly...
    How about some data that actually means something...

Palm vs RIM charts
    RIM numbers

(I guess this forum doesn't support images...)

Anyways, compared with 2 years ago, Palm's stock is roughly flat, although it climbed up to about a 60% gain in Spring 2006, before sliding back down. RIM on the other hand, from 2 year ago has almost quadrupled in value, beginning mostly about 1 year ago (settlement of NTP suit ?). The big drop in August from about $250 down to $80 wasn't a drop at all, but a 3:1 split that hasn't apparently made it into the splits DB.

RIM's market cap is now about $54B compared with Palm's $1.6B -- now RIM exceeds Motorola! So RIM is doing *very* well. But with a P/E of 68.7, RIM maybe overvalued and may correct at some point.

A few more words from MarketWatch:
    "Unless Palm delivers more compelling products and the brand regains its cachet, analysts predict the company will continue to get squeezed. The worldwide smart phone market grew 23% in the first quarter, but Palm's slice stayed at about 3% while RIM's increased from 3% to 5.7%, and Nokia's grew from 48% to 52.6%, according to Gartner."
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    How can I say this nicely... mmm .. A little birdie whispered in my ear and told me Palm may have made less moolah than they spent, also called a loss. The same dear birdie also told me Palm projects a similar "loss" this quarter, despite the oh so lovely Centro.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...-fy08-results/

I hope that was nice enough for you, sweet Heimlich. Do you own shares in our beloved company per chance?

Surur
    I noted in one web search on Ed's comments that he said posters do not know all the facts (which is true) but we know one fact and that is Palm should have delivered our Linux Treo by now but we are still a year off. Are they working 24/7 to deliver the new OS and device?

Positive comment now; the Centro is better looking than the first looks we had of the device. If the device had no lag like the 650, I would buy one on the 15th of Oct. I do love the Palm OS and most of us do otherwise we would not be posting on the fourms. We still want the perfect Palm! Ed Hardy comments on Brighthand could deliver a fair device in a shorter time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    The question will be whether the Centro will do more to bring in greater numbers of customers than to cannibalize sales from the other, higher margin Treos, so to make profits net positive, because it seems like a lot of folks see the Centro as just a cheaper 755p.
    If the keyboard is ok, it should sell better than the 755p. I still may get the red one for my wife to replace her 755p.
  16. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    I am completely mistified by this thread.
    We are easily entertained.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/