Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i just wanted to see how many you out there felt the same as me after their visit to the palm booth at digital life here in ny this weekend.

After "showing interest" in the centro and comparing it to my 700p over the cousre of 10 minutes my conversation with the palm rep turned into the best thing that happened at the convention. She gave me comp cards for free beer. I tryed to play it all cool but inside i was excited as hell. Thanks palm for the freebie, especially since i heard you had to pay for the drinks from their bar. That kinda made up for feeling of being ripped off by you. I mean $99 for a phone that has the same specs as the phone i payed $350 for a litte over a year ago.

Here comes the rant

1. Where's our update to blazer(not that i use it)
    2. Where's our update to pocket tunes deluxe.
    3. Where's our new IM client

End rant.

In the end i have to thank palm again for the freebies. THANK YOU
    Quote Originally Posted by json View Post
    i just wanted to see how many you out there felt the same as me after their visit to the palm booth at digital life here in ny this weekend.

After "showing interest" in the centro and comparing it to my 700p over the cousre of 10 minutes my conversation with the palm rep turned into the best thing that happened at the convention. She gave me comp cards for free beer. I tryed to play it all cool but inside i was excited as hell. Thanks palm for the freebie, especially since i heard you had to pay for the drinks from their bar. That kinda made up for feeling of being ripped off by you. I mean $99 for a phone that has the same specs as the phone i payed $350 for a litte over a year ago.

Here comes the rant

1. Where's our update to blazer(not that i use it)
    2. Where's our update to pocket tunes deluxe.
    3. Where's our new IM client

End rant.

In the end i have to thank palm again for the freebies. THANK YOU
    What would be better than a Free Beer would be information from Palm when we will see the 800W and when we will see the 800P (Treo Linux) and the specs for both devices? GPS, Wifi, (maybe wimax).

Wish you had asked the rep about the lag on the Centro.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    HEY HEY HEY...Nothing beats free beer...Whats wrong with you huh..
    Actually i did mention how much faster it was jumping in and out of applications, i told her i bet that it would change as soon a power user started using and she clamed right up.
    As for the 800 series, i'll wait for silly season to start next year with the new OS. Theres obviously nothin that we haven't already heard about. Im not in a rush to disapointed anytime soon.
    You shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Earlier this year, I actually bumped into real live Palm Reps at an international car show (what Palm was doing there is still pretty vague, but I'll take meeting up with those I thought were a figment of Colligan's imagination any way I can) and we got discussing product.

I pulled out my recently acquired 680 and the fact I was able to sufficiently amaze them with some of the freeware I had installed (many of which were supplied by default/included in OS on earlier Palms and which I had beamed over) suggested to me that Palm was in trouble.

And that was before we started discussing the 'issues' with the 680.

Hey, if Palm Reps are unaware of what their products are capable of (and what they've lost) how is the Company ever going to improve the product?

Oh, and no free beer.

(and I've since gone back to a TX and a 'real' cell phone....)
    Last edited by MleB; 10/03/2007 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    You shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Wait, who's giving a way free horses?

Seriously though, the IM client on the Treo was put there by Sprint and it does suck ***. But just sign up for Gizmo Project and download their free IM client. And then move on...

At least Palm isn't release updates that brick out phones because we like 3rd party apps

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Whats wrong with Pocket Tunes Deluxe? Im still using version3 and version4 is out.

I use Toccer, would love to use MunduIM though.. *caugh *caugh they gave me a BS excuse! *caugh

Im fine with Blazer, I think im the only one lol
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+